F I V E

"Yeah, I'm gonna stick around for awhile

"Yeah, I'm gonna stick around for awhile. Help Bella with Renessme and her transition." Alessia answered Kane, leaning against the balcony, teetering on her heels as she spoke and watched the bright sky above them. It was quite a cloudless day, the sky was a bright blue and there was even birds chirping. It seemed like the picture of perfection, and from the looks of the day either it could go very well or end badly. Bella was due to awaken any second now which meant they were going to deal with her thirst while protecting Renessme at all costs.

"Can't say I'm really surprised." Kane didn't sound as disappointed as she assumed he'd be, instead, there was almost joy in his tone, like he was happy for her.

She raised a brow, "and why is that?"

"How's the wolf?" He countered.

"You're a nuisance." She retorted with a scoff.

His husky laugh followed her answer, and she could just picture him sitting in that old wicker chair of his porch, night sky peaking at its fullest as he leaned back in relaxation. "Yeah okay, well I'm here whenever you want to come back or not. This time don't wait decades though, I'd like to see my best friend more often. Bye Alessia."

"Thanks Kane, you're the best. I promise." She hung up the phone quickly, tucking the silver thing into her back pocket and turning where she was met face to face with Jacob.

She hadn't even heard him come outside and he appeared to be slightly embarrassed to be caught but swallowed thickly and spoke, "Edward says Bella should be waking up soon. Should we get Renessme?"

Alessia didn't bother to question his slightly confusing expression, "I guess if Rose will give her up, she doesn't like to share Ness."

"I'll get her then." His tone took on a deeper level and was ready to swivel around when Alessia stopped him.

She forgot how easily Jacob was protective over Renessme and her, since he'd declared the child theirs anytime someone got too close for comfort between them he'd snarl. It was beginning to worry her seeing as Bella would wake any moment and being a ravenous newborn already had her on edge she didn't need a werewolf to worry about.

"Jacob, its fine." She said sternly and his facial expressed dropped, letting her pass by.

In the course of 3 days the two had spent more time together then ever before, wherever Alessia was with Renessme, Jacob was somewhere near. If she was rocking the child to sleep at night Jacob was there, spread across the small couch, falling asleep as well. If the strawberry blonde was being honest with herself she didn't know what to make of it, the kiss had been a momentary lapse of weakness she desperately needed. Seeing him put his life on the line for something she loved made the lava full of anger slowly begin to recede, but in no means had much changed.

She came into the living room, where Rosalie was bouncing the newborn on her hip. Alessia craned her neck up to hear Bella's heartbeat begin to slow and she was in front of Rosalie in seconds. Her arms asked for the child and although Rosalie took longer then necessary, she complied. The bouncing child adjusted to her aunts embrace perfectly, releasing a sigh of content as she did so. Jacob was beside both girl soon after, his finger gliding over the child's hair. His sparkling eyes met Alessia's like they always did and her breath cut short, she wasn't sure what it was in them that made her weak in the knees, but it was enough of a force to have her conjuring up blank spaces in her mind.