Chapter 24: Let's Make It Memorable

Chapter 24

Let's Make it Memorable
------------------------------
Jewels

"Wake up, it's yo birthday baby." Asaad mumbled as he kissed all over my face. I gently pushed him back and buried myself deeper into the covers, not wanting to be bothered at all. I just wanted to sleep honestly. It felt like I haven't been getting the rest I needed because I've been worried about Adonis.

"Come on Jewels I even made you breakfast."

Pushing the covers back, I sat up in bed as my mouth watered; and I swear I could hear my stomach growling. "What you cook?"

"That don't make no damn sense." He folded his arms across his chest looking down at me with a smirk on his face.

"What? I'm hungry," I protested getting up from the bed. "But foreal what did you cook?"

"You'll see, just go get your self together and come eat once you're done." He waved me off then left out the room closing the door behind him.

After finishing up my morning routine I did every morning, I walked back into the room and into the closet to get dressed. Remembering Asaad mentioned something about taking me out today I'd figure I'd at least get cute, plus it was my birthday. Knowing it was a little cold outside due to it being winter, I decided to wear a pair of black jeggings, a long sleeved black v-neck, my brown furry vest and a brown pair of knee high boots.

When I was done getting dressed and heading out to the living room, the whole house sounded damn near silent now. Seemed like even Asaad had left, but once I rounded the corner into the living room/ dining room area I saw him smiling as bright as he could as he stood behind the table.  The closer I looked at his whole little setup I realized what all he had really done. There was a plate with a stack of pancakes drizzled  with pink frosting and sprinkles and 18 candles lit. Even more than the pancakes he had a huge vase full of flowers that were so exotic I didn't even know what they were.

"Happy birthday!" He yelled, and through his arms out to his sides.

I was so shell shocked and happy that for a good minute and some I didn't even say anything. My eyes flicked up to his and then I just started crying as I bolted over to him and hugged him as tight as I possibly could. He returned the favor and rocked me back and forth as he buried his face in the side of my neck and began kissing it.

I kept crying as my smile got wider and wider by the second as things set in that he really went above and beyond in this moment for me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome gorgeous." He mumbled into my neck. We stayed like that for a couple more minutes before I pulled away and started to dab under my eyes. "Why you cryin' Jewels?"

"Because, look at this!" I yelled as I gestured towards the set up around me.

"What's wrong wit' it? You don't like it? I wanted to do a lil more but don't even trip becau--"

"No, I love it, like I seriously love it, that's why I'm crying."

And that's the truth, this right here was simply tears of joy, I loved all of this, everything about it. It's not a big setup, hell its pancakes and flowers, but it was my pancakes and flowers from someone who loves and cares about me. I was the first thing on his mind, he went out of his way to do something sweet for me.

He smiled once he was content with the fact that it was tears simply of joy and not because I was disappointed with the set up. He leaned back on the wall behind him and smiled lightly at me. And then outstretched his hand so he could grab mine.