Chapter 4: Do Not Disturb

Chapter 4

Do Not Disturb

--------------------------------
Jewels

I knocked on Adonis' room door to let him know that I had got the girls in their pajamas and in bed, since they fell asleep on the car ride here. His house was quiet except for some beeping noise coming from what I assumed was his dads room. There were only three rooms total and I had already been in Isa's room, and also seen what room Adonis went to when we got in. I couldn't tell what the noise was and I wasn't about to be nosey and see what it was either.

I knocked again, louder, hoping to get an answer this time, since he didn't open the door. I heard shuffling and then the lock unlock before he opened his door only sticking his head out.

"Yea." He asked looking at me.

"I changed the girls and they're sleeping, can I get a cover, a pillow and a place to sleep please."

"Shit, I forgot sorry, hol' up right quick," he responded then shut the door back. I don't know why I caught an attitude but I did. Don't force me to stay somewhere and then forget all about me, for one that's rude as fuck then closing the door in my face is disrespectful.

I turned around and walked towards to the living room and sat on the couch waiting on him. He finally came out his room dressed in nothing but gray sweats. I noticed the few tattoos he had scattered on the upper half of his body, it wasn't a lot but it was a few.

"Stop starin' ma, that's creepy as fuck," he laughed holding out the pillow and cover for me to take.

"I wasn't staring," I rolled my eyes and reached for items in his hand. "Are these clean? I don't mean it in a funny way but I'm very picky on what I sleep with and lay my head on."

His face balled up before he responded to my question. "Yo mouth gone get you in trouble one da-"

"Didn't I just say don't take it wrong," I interrupted him looking at him sideways.

"Yea they clean Jewels, what I look like givin' you some dirty ass shit to sleep on?"

"Just making sure," I gave him a tight closed mouth smile. "Oh wait," I said before he was about to turn around to leave. "I need to shower and something to sleep in."

"Aight, I'll make sure I bring you some clean back."

"Asshole," I mumbled getting up from the couch to move the pillows around so I could be comfortable once it was time for me to sleep. I guess I was sleeping in here because he didn't say anything about me sleeping elsewhere.

Once I was done he came back in the living room with some shorts and a tee shirt, I took them from his hand and thanked him.

"Don't thank me thank Egypt, them her clothes she always leave her shit hea' and y'all 'bout the same size anyway."

"I'm not wearing your girlfriends clothes." I objected pushing them back towards him.

"Why not? They clean."

"It's not about that-"

"Then what's it about Jewels, they jus' clothes, damn." He replied irritated.

"Nevermind," I rolled my eyes and took them from him. I didn't have time to stand up here and tell him how wrong it was for me to walk around in his girlfriend's clothes. So instead of explaining my reason I waked past him and down the hall to the bathroom, so I could hurry up and shower then go to sleep.

After my shower I walked into Isa's room and located Emery's overnight bag and stuffed my clothes from the day inside. I didn't know where Adonis or his father kept their plastic bags and I wasn't about to go searching. When I was done with that I made sure I closed the door slightly just so I could here Emery if she woke up.