Chapter 20: Do Your Thing

Chapter 20

Do Your Thing
--------------------------
Jewels

Hearing my phone ring loudly from my pocket woke me up out of the best sleep I was having. Reaching into my pants I pulled it out and couldn't tell who was calling because the bright light was literally blinding me.

"Hello?" I answered, sitting the phone on my face. While pushing Asaad off of me with the back of my elbow.

"Where you at bae?"

"Asaad?" I asked confused.

"Who else would it be?"

"But you're--" I started, but cut myself off once I really opened my eyes and noticed I wasn't in Asaad's bed or in his room. This wasn't his walls and all these basketball trophies didn't belong to him.

"I'm what, what's going on babe? Where you at?" He asked loudly over the phone.

Fuck! I thought to myself. The arm that was wrapped around me pulled me closer; and that's when I knew it was Adonis.

"N-nothing." I stuttered before clearing my throat. I grabbed Adonis' hand once he started rubbing on my stomach. Knowing he was sleep I knew it wasn't on purpose so I removed it and got up from the bed with my phone all attached to my ear. Looking down I noticed all my clothes still on and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Baby?" Asaad questioned again loudly.

"I'm at Adonis' house. I got really tired in the middle of playing with Em and Isa and fell asleep on the couch. Everything is ok."

"You sure, you sound a lil shook up."

"I just forgot my surroundings and freaked out that's all."

"Do you need me to come get you?" He asked. I took the phone from my ear and noticed it was almost two in the morning.

"No, I'm good. Plus its late and I don't want you driving so far out by yourself. Just come get me in the morning, before ten though cause Emery has to be back before ten." I explained, walking towards Adonis' room door. Watching him sleep, his face was turned into a frown like he had a lot on his mind. It's so sad that even in our sleep we can't escape reality.

"Aight, I will. I love you and I'll see you in a few hours."

"Ok, I love you too." I replied. Then hung up, I knew if I didn't hang up first we would still be on the phone. He was one of those boyfriends to wait until I did something for him to do it. When he drops me off at places, he makes sure I'm in safely before he drives off and just like when we have phone conversations he makes sure I hang up before he does. 'Cause he said it'll feel like he's hanging up on me. Those little things are what I adore the most about him and I felt so guilty about even being in Adonis' bed.

"Why you standin' thea lookin' creepy?" Adonis mumbled in a raspy voice.

"Cause I'm gonna go back in the living room." I replied, turning around to open the door.

"Man Jewels, get'cho ass back in the bed. That couch is uncomfortable as fuck."

"I have a boyfriend Adonis."

"And I gotta gir--"

"Who doesn't like me." I interrupted. "I don't too much care for her either but I can't sleep with you."

"You sayin' that like we was fuckin' or some."

I rolled my eyes because I figured he wouldn't get it, although he tries to act like he wants to do right by All Mighty Egypt. This is just another one of his "lookin' out" and "trynna be considerate" little shenanigans. That's fine and all but the way I see it, I can't be laid up with some other dude when mine is waiting up at home for me. That's just not going to fly; not today or ever.