SA-2: Like The Moon

⭐ Special Act #2: Like The Moon ⭐

After the busy morning you'd experience, the rest of the day went by like a breeze. You were eager to make the best of this day, and to take the best pictures possible. You wanted to make your boss proud-- even more now, with the small, yet meaningful incident that you'd recently passed through. The day soon reached its end, and now, you found yourself taking a break outside-- enjoying the beautiful, nightly view of the ocean.

As you stood looking at the large, gleaming moon hanging above your eyes, whilst admiring each and every one of the small stars next to its presence, you spotted the all-too-familiar, petite figure of the woman who'd been making you overthink ever since you arrived to this foreign land.

Pearl was standing close to the ocean again. This time she was sitting still, and her knees were tucked over her chest. From afar, you could see she was lost in her thoughts, and it made you wonder over just what was going through her mind.

As you became lost in your peculiar observation, the woman had turned her gaze around. She barely hesitated on waving towards you once she caught sight of you, which made for your posture to straighten up.

You stood seated like a military soldier in training, and you felt your cheeks grow warm-- even with the coldness of the windy night.

Hesitantly, you waved back, and internally wished you hadn't made her feel strange. Much to your surprise, she gestured for you to arrive next to her. She first made a signal with her pale hand, and afterwards, patted the sand next to where she was sitting at.

Understanding just what she desired, you carefully stood up from the bench, and walked towards the beach. You instantly remembered you had no shoes on, once you felt the sand tickle in between your toes. The sand was as cold as the wind hitting your skin, causing for a shudder to unconsciously take over your body.

After a short walk towards your destination, you greeted the expectant woman with a warm, rather sheepish smile. She, much to your relief, then politely returned your gesture, and decided it was best if she spoke up-- seeing as you were quite doubtful of taking lead of the conversation.

"Is everything alright, (Y/N)?" Pearl questioned, as she watched how you sat down next to her-- with somewhat lost, worried eyes.

"Yeah. . . I'm doing good." you spoke, letting a soft sigh escape your lips. "I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. . ."

Pausing, you returned your gaze back to her, wanting to ask her something yourself. 

"Anyhow. . . Is everything well? Even though we met each other yesterday, it feels as if it's been a long time." you spoke, remembering what Garnet had spoken with you earlier ago.

"I'm quite well." she replied, as a brighter smile quickly took over her pale features. "Somehow, despite everything that has been occurring, I feel that this will all be for the best. I. . . I feel as if something great will await everyone in the future."

"I'm glad to her that!" you stated, whilst accidentally meeting with her gaze.

Strangely, her typically round eyes were furrowed with what seemed to be worry, yet her smile showed her words were sincere. She seemed to enjoy the company, and that she was able to speak with you so placidly.

"H- How is your career progressing?" she suddenly questioned, looking away from your gaze, and facing the waters in front of her. "I've been informed by Garnet that you work as a world-wide, scenery photographer. Have you taken any pictures as of now?"

Hearing her question, your eyes brightened up, and your first instinct was to take your trusty camera out of your pocket.

"Yes, I've. . . managed to save many beautiful sceneries in this camera."

"Oh? May I see them?"

"Su- Sure!" you mumbled, quite taken aback.

The curiosity in her tone, plus the attentive look she had over the small camera in your hands, had taken you by surprise. Seeing her this interested in such matters somehow made you feel joyful.

"This is the first one I took!" you explained, as you carefully placed the camera over her hands.

In display was a picture of the dock you'd gotten down from just yesterday. Next to the humble boat, a short and bearded man was sweeping up the wooden planks. Behind him, a small group of seagulls were nibbling on some bread crumbs. Both he and the flock of birds were covered in a soft, tangerine lighting, due to the breathtaking sunset taking place at that current time.

"My, this is certainly beautiful!" she spoke, with a small smile tugging on her lips.

After giving her a moment to finish her observation, you continued to show her the rest of the pictures. You both admired the pictures in silence, finding it to be a relaxing way to pass the rest of the night.

⭐ End of Special Act #2 ⭐