SA-4: Like A Gem

(I've had this song deeply burned into my head for almost two weeks now, and so I thought: "Why not make this the music that'll play during your dance?" XD)  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Special Act #4: Like A Gem ⭐  

You accepted her offer with an amiable smile, as you reached out for her outstretched hand. Once you took firm hold of it, she began to lead you towards the ocean, and stopped the moment you were two steps away from the water. She let go of your hand, now centering her gaze over a nearby radio that was resting on the sandy floor. Her hand carefully reached out for it, and once her fingers were close enough to the radio, she pressed the play button, thus making the dance begin. 

Expecting some sort of calm dance such as a waltz, you were taken aback when the song came to a start. The song was rather theatrical and upbeat, and the way the violins were played made you feel as if you were on a ballroom dance. Not knowing how to respond to this, you glanced a look at Pearl.

Quickly, she met with your gaze, and reached out for both of your hands. She interlocked one hand with yours, while the other hesitantly made its way to your waist. Catching on as to what pose you were to dance in, you placed your free hand over the arm that held onto your waist, and waited for her to continue on.

She began by giving short, quick side-steps to the left, and later repeated those steps towards the right. Once you caught on, you both began to move rapidly from right to left, and as the music picked up its pace, your steps became faster and more dramatic to those who were witnessing this dance. 

Suddenly, she let go of your waist and twirled you around, leaving you quiet dumbfounded over the swift move she executed. She quickly repeated the move again, this time to the opposite direction, thus leaving you unable to take in what had just occurred.

Now that you were beginning to dance with more freedom, she again returned her hand over your waist, as she pulled you around the sandy floor in quick, constant circles, similar to that of a classical tango move. She took a short pause, and returned to performing side-steps from left to right, seeing as she didn't want for you to become dizzied. 

You soon became lost in the moment, as you felt how something began to ignite within your chest. It was a placid feeling, and now, you were dancing without giving much thought to the situation. Both your mind and body felt free, making you desire that this moment lasted a bit longer for you to enjoy it.

Finally, the song came to an end. Pearl waited until the last musical note faded away to let go of you. She flashed you a bright, somewhat excited smile, as she gently began to let go of both your hand and waist. You returned the smile, though your mind was currently somewhere else. For a moment, you began to feel strange, almost as if some sort of magical manifestation was about to take place between you and her.

"Thank you. . ." you muttered in a calm, almost inaudible tone, whilst making eye contact with her ocean blue eyes. "This was a wonderful experience."

The woman smiled again, as she tucked a short, stray strand of hair behind her ear. Her cheeks were lightly tinted in blue, and her eyes were almost as bright as the sun. Unable to make any words leave her lips, she could only nod softly in response. Her mind was brimming with a diversity of thoughts, and she didn't know which one to follow. 

You both stood looking at one another, with only the ghostly sound of the strong winds being present to your ears. The area fell completely silent, while the ones who witnessed the event could only continue to observe the two of you together. 

Garnet was trying to hide her smile, whereas Amethyst, who'd now exited the home, carried a full-toothed smile present over her purple features. Greg looked away after a while, thinking this was just too much of an intimate moment for him to continue on watching. The joyous child next to him, however, was smiling brightly, and he was trying his best to not yell out a compliment towards the two of you.

⭐ End of Special Act #4 ⭐