the first of many

Azulá
Bell clapped her hands.

"Alright, you guys. This first song needs to be perfect. Our gig is at Club Lotus in twenty minutes. Alright, let's do this. And five,six,seven,eight !"

Zonae started bashing softly on the drums and nodded at Moa. Moa strummed her base guitar softly, then strummed louder until the base and drums clashed perfectly.

Moa nodded at Kat. Kat let her delicate fingers make love to the keyboards, tapping on her laptop to switch modes. Kat nodded at Bellevae, who was our back up guitar. Bellevae began strumming the hell out of her Gibson Lez Paul. True to its name, the guitar sent electricity through my body.

Bellevae looked at me and winked, signaling to me that it was my turn.

I took a deep breath and let my voice do the rest.

"Rule number one is that you gotta have fun,
But baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run"

Kat gave the wall mirror a scathing grin before moaning life into the mic.

"Rule number two, just don't get attached to,
Somebody you could lose
So le-let me tell you"

"This is how to be a heartbreaker"

It was like magic.

That's the only way i could describe all of us singing together. Sweat and tears mingled  as we blended together into one band.

It was intoxicating.

When I sang with these girls, I felt it in my soul that this is where I was supposed to be.

Moa had one hand gripping the mic and the other on her base. Ever the perfectionist, she made sure that she could juggle three things at once. Moa's singing was usually quite versatile when it came to rock songs. This time, she let a growl slip through her lips as she sang into the mic.

"Rule number three, wear your heart on your cheek,
But never on your sleeve, unless you wanna taste defeat"

A grin slid onto my face when she laughed the last line.

Bell gave Moa a disapproving look before masking her face into something like pure disobedience.

"Rule number four, gotta be looking pure,
Kiss him goodbye at the door, and leave him wanting more..more"

We sing the chorus one more time before it's time for Zo to do her thing. Zonae is also quite versatile when it comes to her singing. Depending on her mood, she can sing in a bubble gum pop voice, or something of My Chemical Romance.

She must be really excited for our gig today because her bubble gum pop singing came out to play.

"Girls, we do, whatever it will take,
Cause girls don't want, we don't want our hearts to break,
In two, so it's better to be fake,
Can't risk lose..sing in love again babe."

Bellevae's signature was her guitar solos. She does them in every concert or YouTube video we have. True to her signature, Bellevae's fingers fly across the chords and her guitar sings.

Zonae is right with her, banging her drums with just as much vigor. Together they sounded like thunder and lightening.

"This is how to be a heartbreaker,
Boys they like a little danger,
We'll get him falling for a stranger, a player,
Singing I la la love you,
How to be a heartbreaker,
Boys they like the look of danger,
We'll get him falling for a stranger, a player
Singing I la la love you,
Cause I la la la love you.
At least I think I do!"