Chapter 8

When I woke up this morning Zahir wasn't in bed, this was unusual behavior because he never just left me in bed like that. So, I got up in search of him, I found him on the balcony on the phone. I didn't wanna disturb him, so I just stood there and waited for him to be done, I was ignoring the conversation til I heard him say, "That ain't my baby, now don't call me with that bullshit again".
I suddenly began to think what if he had a child? Would that ruin everything we began? Would I be able to be a stepmother? Would I be a good stepmother? A million questions ran through my mind all at once.
"Baby girl, you good?" Zahir said
"Yeah yeah I'm fine" I said forcing a smile on my face
"Don't just stand there, come out here and join me"
I was hesitant at first, but then I went on the balcony and sat in his lap, I tensed up when he began feeling on me, that phone conversation really threw me off.
"What's up, why you acting all weird?" He questioned
"It's nothing Zahir"
"So you just go to sleep and wake up acting like a different person?"
"I'm the same Chantel from last night"
"Stop fucking around Chantel did I do something?"
"No Zahir now stop asking!"
I got up and stormed back to the room, laying back in the bed. I wanted to hide what I heard and I wasn't doing a good job at it at all. I hid under the covers, so he wouldn't bother me when he came in here.
"Chantel get up right now!"
"Leave me alone Zahir"
"What the fuck man, I haven't done nothing but shown you that I'm falling in love with you. And here you go have mood swings and shit. Now, what's really going on"
I sat up, and looked at him, I could tell that he was really concerned. I let out a loud sigh and said, "It's nothing big. I just heard something that I wasn't supposed to hear and now I'm in my feelings about it. It's nothing you did"
"That's what got you acting up baby girl? Don't worry about that baby, I'm 100% sure that isn't my child. Don't worry you gone be the only one having all my seeds, now fix that little attitude bae" he kissed me on the nose
I felt much better after hearing that, call me what you want, but I'm over protective when it comes to mine, and if you don't like it oh fucking well.