Chapter 3

Chantel in media

We both arrived at my home at the same time, we headed inside. I dropped my bags and took off my shoes heading to my bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and started my shower.
"Chantel where you at?" Zahir yelled
"The shower" I shouted back
I got into the shower shutting the glass door, when Zahir walked in. I began washing myself and sang my heart out. A habit that I've had since I was young, I always wanted to be a singer winning an Oscar awards. I reached out and grabbed my towel and covered myself since Zahir was still in here. I got out, picked up my dirty clothes putting it in a hamper. I went into my room, put on boxer shorts and a tank top. I lotioned my body and put on deodorant afterwards, I was about to lay down when I remembered Zahir. I was walking out my room, when the bathroom door was wide open, and Zahir was standing over the toilet peeing, I looked down and boy! I got a little wet, but I cleared my throat getting his attention.
"There's something called a door use it" I yelled
"And there's something called freedom, that I got" he retorted
"Not in this damn house"
"Cut that shit Chantel, before I gotta teach you a lesson"
"Boy bye"
As I walked away, he picked me up from the back pinning me against the wall.
"Chantel, that smart mouth of yours gon get you in trouble, you better watch it" he grunted
This low key turned me on, so I smiled and shook my head. I went into my room, with Zahir following. He stripped out of his clothes in nothing but his boxers joining me in bed. I turned on the tv, and changed the channel to Love&Basketball, my favorite movie. I got comfortable in bed laying my head on Zahir's perfectly sculptured chest, while he wrapped his arms around me. We stayed in this position, taking us into a deep sleep.

I woke up to Zahir talking on the phone, I got up and went to do my hygiene, which took about 45 minutes. I then went into my room, to pick out an outfit, I decided on my acid washed jean shorts, my white tank top with black PINK letters written on it, and my all white high top vans. I layed my outfit on the bed, and Zahir cleared his throat.
"Something I could help you with?" I asked
"Actually yeah, you got some extra toothbrushes and towels" he smirked
I told him where they were located, and he left the room, I turned on my The Weekend album, and began getting dressed. Once dressed, I unwrapped my hair and decided on leaving it in its curly state, I only put on some lip gloss, I mean who needs make-up. My phone began ringing, and it was the bestie.
"Hey boo, I was just bout to call you" I smiled
"I miss you sexy, we need to link" she laughed
"I'm dressed, so I'll drive over to pick you up, and we'll have a girls day"
"Okay, I'll be waiting"
Zahir came into the room dressed and said, "I'm bout to head out".
"Yeah me too" I said
We walked out together, while I locked the door. We gave each other a hug, when he pecked my lips, I blushed and went to my car, I drove to Tamiya's house, and beeped my horn loud as hell when I got there. She came running to my car in a red sundress that stopped mid thigh. Once she got in she was loud as hell.
"So where to first bestie" she yelled
"You must've got some dick to be so God damn happy" I joked
"Kiss my ass hoe"
"Let's go do our nails and hair first. I feel like I need a new look"
We had just finished our nails and our hair I could say I looked completely different, I cut my hair and dyed my hair purple and a tad bit blue and I look like a bad bitch. Tamiya is now a red head and she looks sexy. We both have off of work tonight, so we decided to spend the rest of the day together at her house. I drove back to her complex and we walked to her condo, she opened the door and I went straight to the fridge cause a nigga like me was starving.
"You ain't never got shit to eat" I complained
"Your ass better cook something and stop complaining" she yelled
"Forget you, I'll just ask my boo to bring me something"
"Oh, is that right?"
"Hell yes, jealous much?"
"Not a tad, I gotta nigga too hoe"
I ignored her and layed on the couch watching Martin. The door bell started ringing and T went to go get it and in came Ty and my baby.
"Oh shit look at y'all looking like the rainbow and shit" Ty joked
"Boy, that was super corny" T said making us laugh
"I don't know about her, but my baby look good" Zahir said kissing me
"Aww thanks"I blushed
"You better get ya nigga before I kick his ass" T said
"Zahir be nice, T's hair is cute" I said
"Alright fine, your hair looks nice T, you happy?"
"Thank you" T said
"Z, yo ass all types of pussy whipped" Ty laughed
Zahir made the straightest face making everybody laugh. While they joked around, I tuned them out and put my eyes on the TV.
"Yo berry head, you deaf" Ty joked
"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes
"Watchu want to eat from Chinese" Zahir asked
"The regular"
"Alright, I got you. I'll be back"
They left out to get our food, leaving T and I alone again. So, we watched TV in the mean time. A lot of time had went by and they were still gone. I tried not to worry, until I got a call from an unknown number.
"Do you accept this collect call from Atlanta County Jail?"
"Yes" I said
"Baby please get a lawyer, and get down here" Zahir sighed
"I'll be there as fast as I can, don't answer any of there questions until I get there" I panicked
I hung up the phone, and waited for Tamiya who just got a call from Ty.
"Tamiya, you didn't go to law school for nothing" I said
"You're right, but I'll rather call uncle to help me, he deals on with these cases all the time" she said
She called her Uncle and good thing he was in the neighborhood because he picked us up and we were on our way to the jail.
"Uncle" was Andrew Royo known as "Thirsty"(from empire), Tamiya and I grew up with him, and he's like the father we never had, so we call him Uncle. He was every hood nigga's dream lawyer, money or not he was always there for the community.
When we arrived at the jail, Tamiya and I had to wait outside the glass where we could see and hear things, while Uncle went in and did his thing.
"What happen why are they here" Uncle said
"Speeding on the highway" The cop said
"So, now speeding means bring them in for questioning?"
"No, but-"
"That's what I thought. This is harassment, and telling by how they look brutality too. Stay away from my clients, they have no reason to be here"
"They got off lucky this time, we'll get them eventually"
"Not with me as their lawyer"
The boys and Uncle walked out of the room, and they were so happy. Uncle handed the boys his card and said his goodbyes and went on with his day. We all went back to Tamiya's house, and ordered our pizza to have a movie night. I was getting attached to Zahir and him getting locked up would tear my heart up. For the rest of the night, we enjoyed each others company. Then Zahir and I went back to my house, and fell asleep in each others arms. I've never felt this way with anyone else, I honestly think I'm in love.