I raced to the roof, hoping that I won't be caught by the hall monitors that lurked around like shadows around the corridors. I made no stop until I was obstructed by a bulky swarthy figure.

"Miss James, care to explain where you are off to in such a hurry. I believe you have Mr Dawson's class right now," The hall monitor growled, looking down on me. What a scanty ugly moustache does he have? Why even bothering to keep it?

"That's were I was heading to," I lied, flashing him a hundred watt smile.

"Oh! You poor lost soul. Mr Dawson's class is on the other side," His lips curled in sarcasm. He grabbed my shoulders with his beefy hands and steered me towards the direction of the history class.

"Don't you worry. I will guide you to Mr Dawson's class and then to the principal's office," He smiled, revealing his yellow rotting teeth. I almost regurgitated my lunch on the floor.

"No. I just wanted to pee," I told him.

"Bah! Do you think that I will fall for that typical line?" He smirked. No. What was I even thinking? Defying Mount Everest? I had to escape somehow.

"See, um, it's sort of a girl thing. You wouldn't understand. Mr-" I said as I searched the name tag on the pocket of his shirt.

Hyacinth George. I read. Oh! No.

"I am sorry Miss George," I apologised, flushing slightly at my mistake.

"It's Mrs," She scowled. I gulped. How would I even know? And who would even want to marry her?

I might have said the last part a bit loud because I saw red lights blinking when I looked at her. Her face puffed up and turned red. I swallowed hardly. It was almost like being haunted. Poor Mr George.

I didn't spend a second. I ran as fast as I could, occasionally looking behind. She tried to keep up with me but lost her breath halfway through and had to stop chasing me. I grasped the handle of the door to the rooftop with the happiness of attaining a goal. I skipped Mr Dawson's history class. I escaped from the hall monitor. And of course, insulted her as well. Despite my heavy panting, I found myself smiling.

A fresh wave of cold breeze hit me sending shivering chills to my skin. Standing at the top of the school, I felt butterflies dancing in my abdomen. I noticed a familiar lean figure reclining against the wall.

"What happened? I thought you changed your mind," Ezra asked, his smooth voice sailing over the calm breeze.

"Almost got caught by Mrs Walrus," I said, smiling at the nickname I had given her.

"Mrs Walrus?" He asked, puzzled.

"The hall monitor," I clarified.

"Oh! It's a Mrs. I mean a woman."

"My thoughts exactly."

"Wow!"

"I didn't know until I read Hyacinth George on her name tag."

"Who would even want to marry her?"

"Poor Mr George."