Chapter 26 - Dante's Girl

Oi, oi People!!!  UPDAATTTEE TIME!!!!! I've missed this story so much so here it is...enjoy! :) I've had a marathon phone edit with both my stories so if there's a typo here and there i'm sure i'll get to it later so forgive them for now. Near the end of this chapter you'll flippantly discover a little something about two people...it's meant to throw Ariel a bit but she won't get a chance to address it here. But it's a bit of a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment.  Oh, and have you ever wondered what Ariel's surname is...? Lol. Anyway, onwards...!! :D

                                                  Chapter 26 – Dante's Girl

 "You were listening in?" I said down the line.

"Well, if you'd remembered to put the phone down we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"I put it down, just not on the...whatever, you did that to Seb?"

"Did what?"

"Oh c'mon, you were listening the whole time! Did you do that... thing you guys do?"

I heard him sigh. "I did what I had to. So I got into your friends head? So what?"

"So what?"

"It's done. Deal with it, Ariel."

Was he kidding me? "Dante, you totally abused your position."

"What's your point?"

I huffed, frustratedly chucking papers in my table draws and leaning back with exasperation against my chair. I shoved my hand into my hair as I held the receiver close just listening to the quiet down the line and cast an eye over the space around me. I had to fight the very sudden urge to just curse at him right now. There were expletives galore queuing up inside my head. "You know what, Dante, I..." I couldn't even finish.

"You're pissed at me."

"You think? I'm too pissed to even talk to you."

"Oh for fu*ks sake Ariel that was ages ago! And it was that idiot's brother, who gives a damn about him!"

"I'm going now."

"No, you're not."

"You know what, I'm going on my break and this time I really will make sure I put the damn phone down!"

"Ariel, put this phone down and I'll—"

Slamming it down, I slammed it again, and again just to get the annoyance out of me, taking out my frustration on the poor phone receiver before flopping back on my chair and pausing with my hands atop my head. I had a feeling he was aggressively F-bombing in his office right now.

My actions had managed to attract attention from the nearest desk. A new girl. Jazmine was her name, shy, sweet but incredibly awkward. She suddenly dropped her eyes over her work when she realized I'd caught her staring my way. Whoa, look at her eyes, they were huge. Dark and almost infantile. It didn't help that she kohl-rimmed them so definitely. I rifled in my draw and picked up my purse, putting it in the bag over my chair and pulling my jacket from behind me. God, today sucked from the moment I got in, and right now this wasn't making me feel any different about it.

An hour. That's all I needed. Just one hour out of my hour and a half. That resbite would be a welcome distraction, something to pull me out of the slight anger that was threatening to be more than just slight, but take over me. I just knew I would lash out at someone if I didn't take my anger by the reigns right now.

I felt kind of manipulated. That angered me. Hmm, no wonder...that was why I was really angry. He'd manipulated me. Maybe he'd never played with my mind per se, but he'd messed with someone else's to get to me. The thought made me feel so deceived. Now was most definitely the right time to go on an earlier-than-usual break.