Chapter 4 - Proposals

Chapter 4 – Proposals

"What the...?" Jacey breathed hard. "Come to gloat has he?'

Who?

I peeked through the glass in the wall for answers but was met with squashed backs.

Sebastien opened the door and as the tall suited man walked in, I recognized him immediately. I swallowed hard.

And there it went...a flash of last night's fantasy chased across my eyes. I blinked it away. Boy, how vivid was that...? Whether I was visibly embarrassed or not he'd have no idea why, and I'd rather not catch him looking completely mystified by my facial flush.

His immaculate deep navy business suit clung to the broadness of his shoulders, and his hair appeared to have been slightly ruffled by the breeze I'd felt earlier as I came into work. Even still, he was an image.

He almost immediately clocked me, but the sudden approach of a strangely softened Jacey, who only moments ago seemed intent on remaining stern and near angry, drew his attention away as she greeted him.

"Mr Greco, always a pleasure." She smiled like perfection.

"Longsworth. Same here." His own perfection on display. His deep velvet voice reverberated once again. Damn...this man's masculinity was palpable.

Jacey had truly softened, as if even she couldn't resist doing so in his presence. "What can I do for you?"

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was a very leading question.

"Well, I'm here because I was told by a reliable source that I should come and see the place and witness what you do here. You know, meet the people responsible for all this great work." Was he really just going to look me straight in the eye like that? With that perfectly delivered confidence and a knowing grin quickly creeping across his face as he did so? Yes. He really was.

I involuntarily reacted to his upturned mouth, gazing away like the walls were windows. As if some infinitely more interesting thing was happening on the paper tacked to the plasterboard. It was one thing to be so handsome, but to have a mouth like that as well? Even more accentuated by the turn his lips took when indeed he did grin...? I didn't need to think about a mouth like that. Not when my inner thighs were about to buckle.

I felt pathetic. I usually have more control over myself and I didn't like the lack of control this guy inspired in me. So yeah, the walls would do for now. All these post-its in various highlighter colours, and A4's all about the place. So...papery. So...interesting how it all just came together on the walls like tha—oh, who was I kidding?

"Actually, I'm here to see you."

My eyes widened in surprise as I shot a look over at him. I darted a quick look at Jacey. His stunning grey gaze remained on mine when I hastened a look back.

"Ariel, isn't it?"

My name...how did he know it? I hadn't given it to him.

"You know each other?" Sebastien cut in right next to me. Jacey looked as though she was about to ask the same question.

Dante Greco's eyes flicked from me to Seb, our proximity gaining the most attention. No longer was it my name he questioned, because it was under his flexed jaw and hardened mouth that he questioned something else.

"Uh, Sebastien Clement, sir." Seb was so nervous. His voice got the brunt of it, his hand too when he extended it.

Seb wasn't the introduction Dante Greco was looking for, that much was obvious. I didn't know whether to intervene or not, but Greco took a quick look at Seb's hand just in time for me to decide not to, and reluctantly extended his own. Seb winced before Greco let go.