Chapter 11 - Discoveries

You know I gotta keep thanking you for all those who have voted/liked, added, commented, followed and supported the story. As always, much love your way :)

                                             Chapter 11 – Discoveries

The sudden stillness from Sebastien spoke volumes as Dante snapped open the heavy front door. Seb just stopped mid-knock for an endless second. No matter how hard he'd rapped against the door, no matter how demanding he'd called my name in a way that suggested he could possibly threaten a man like Dante, he was still visibly in awe of him. He was afraid.

"Dante, please." I pleaded.

He didn't say anything, just leaned his hand high against the door, relaxed, amused. He gave me a quick glance, one that swiftly looked back at me a second time because my state of undress didn't get him at first. I knew when he took the denims from the floor beside the door why he was tossing them at me, right into my one-handed catch.

"You wanna cover up there, Magpie. Best do it now."

He moved directly in front of Seb to give me some privacy while I put the jeans on.

I don't follow instructions easy, especially when delivered like a dick, but even I didn't want half my arse hanging out the back of this T shirt should I turn around and send some butt-crackage Seb's way.

Dante watched me, deciding he'd be the eyes to declare when I was suitably attired and ready for this showdown. A defiant flick of my hair and lift of my chin to pretend I wasn't bothered either way, and I moved behind a seriously expensive-looking chair as if even his eyes wouldn't be privy to me sliding my feet into both leg holes and pulling them up until secured at my waist. Dante wouldn't so much as afford Seb a glint of an eye until I was done. He was arrogant enough to take Seb presence for granted as no kind of threat to measure.

"Put that look away, kid." He predicted before turning to Seb who had innocently peeked over Dante's shoulder for my whereabouts. "You're a bit big to act like you've never seen a half naked woman before."

"I heard that!" I snapped from behind the chair.

An uninvested shrug claimed his shoulders when he looked back over one.

"I don't know what kind of impression you have of me but I'm a friend," stated Seb. He was surprisingly calm.

"No. You're just a co-worker."

"And a friend." Seb reiterated forcefully. "You think someone who's just a colleague would come after her at stupid o'clock?"

As if it were the most obvious thought ever, Dante came through with, "I think someone who has more than friendship in mind might do."

"Oh for heaven's sake Dante, that's enough!" I said. His insinuation wasn't one I wanted to face. "Break up the sausage party, will you?" I came round settling my T Shirt back over my hips.

Seb's eyes passed over us both in our near-same get-ups. "Looks like a Gap ad in here," he said of our matching classic white Tee's and denims. Now, I don't know about me, but Dante sure could head up a Calvin Klein billboard ad to cause the mother of all traffic jams, pile-ups and cardiac arrests over the wheel.

I couldn't even tell Seb it wasn't what it looked like, because it was. I didn't like lying to him, and he wasn't stupid anyway. It was pretty freaking obvious.

"You uh," Seb cleared his throat with a quick dart toward Dante, "You okay, Aer?" When I nodded he said, "Got your things yeah? I'm taking you now."