Chapter 1 - Encounter

COPYRIGHT © 2012 of BluSonya

AND NO, THIS IS NOT A WEREWOLF STORY !! PLEASE KNOW THIS NOW BEFORE YOU START! ;)

This is a paranormal romance. Or a romance with a supernatural edge. Whatever. Don't get taken by surprise (the supernatural part that is.) So if you don't like that sort of thing or you're a bit sensitive to darker elements in the stories you read, or sex...then you've been warned.

This is my first major story *eeek! The story takes place in the real world, in a real city, so that supernatural element is written to exist in our ever-normal world. It's written this way for a reason. These are ALL adult characters, adult themes etc...There's no fluffy/cute romance here, there's swearing, long chappies ahead etc... BTW That supernatural element doesn't kick in until much later in the story...

                                             Chapter 1 - Encounter

"Where to, love?"

It impressed me how cab drivers always managed to stop accurately in front of you. Like literally where you meet the door.

A bit like when I'd try and measure the exact spot the doors opened on the tube commuting to work, so as soon as the train stopped, they were bang in front of me and I'd be first to get on and grab a seat. Except the doors always slipped past me a good five people down. Which was just my luck. Things just passed me by. Pretty pathetic thing to be impressed by seeing as it was the cabby's job, I know, but I hadn't even passed my driving test yet.

Yep, Shameful.

Truth be told, London was my playground, I was born and raised in this city, and I was a serial London commuter.

"Willoway," I began to ask. "You know it yeah?"

"Course."

"You reckon I'd be needing a cab from here, or no point?"

Here being Morditchgate. I'd come by tube and it was only three stops but the tube is deceptively fast. Who knows how long it would take getting back to Willoway through these roads.

"Nah, just ten minutes' walk." He glanced down at my shoes. "Maybe a bit longer."

Not sure what he was talking about, these heels weren't particularly high for a trek. Willoway was where I worked and our building was on the verge of a major revamp. AKA; demolition. I was tasked with locating new premises and I'd just been to one place that knocked spots off the rest.

The cabbie pointed. "Round there, see. So you won't be needing the cab then?"

Hm, for a ten minute kitten-heel stomp? Probably not. I'd already been to Morditchgate for office viewings, an assignment passed on to me by my boss, Jacey Longsworth, and I couldn't afford to screw this up for three reasons;

One: I really needed this job. I needed the money. I'm not trying to mess about with my income.

Two: I'd only just got this position and it was a big thing to delegate. I just had to come through.

And three: Time wasn't on our side and I had to be completely on top of it right now. Needless to say I'd found what I believed to be the perfect spot. And I mean, perfect. Not the cheapest of areas, I'll admit, but on-point. What made it great was I knew we could get away with being located there. Seeing as we were reliant on funding; we were being subsidised, so I could justify putting it on my shortlist. A shortlist of one.