Chapter 1 :A New Day

Peter went about his daily business of the castle. Making sure everything was perfect. But today was a special day. Today, was a new day. He was expecting people for the first time.

The castle, overall, was grandiose in scale. It would be impossible to go around the perimeter of the castle in a single day. The castle varied in looks, depending on what angle you were looking at it. Sometimes, the castle looked like something straight out of a fairytale, but sometimes, it looked like something out of a gothic nightmare. The castle was very unique. It was actually bigger on the inside. Sound familiar? No- the castle is not a TARDIS. But the estate, and inside of the castle was much bigger than it appeared. And the location on the globe...well...think of it like the northwest America version of the Bermuda triangle. But this was a destination that didn't immediately lead to death.  The castle was full of secret rooms. Magical rooms. Rooms that could kill you just by touching the door knob. Yes, this castle was ancient, and deadly, but Peter Grey has called this castle home, since he was only twelve years old.

No one know who was the previous owner of the castle. Peter only found it when he received a letter, giving him the directions to this secret place. The only humans near this castle, was a small town, located a few miles away. The town was only accessible by a tunnel, hidden from anyone who doesn't know it'd be there.

Peter was walking outside on the sidewalk, his hands neatly folded behind his back. He had this unnatural calm about him. To the point of being almost creepy. He was rather short. About 5'5 to be exact. His shoulders were narrow, and he was rather small looking in general. He did look a little older than his actual age, which was 22. Despite having a very neat, straight persona- his dirty blond hair was a ruffled mess underneath his fedora.

As he walked, he heard a soft voice humming. He knew this was the first person to come to the castle. His heart jumped into his throat.
Okay, just stay calm...just stay calm. He closed his eyes and calmed himself down. After saying a few words of encouragement to hype himself up, he turned the corner, bumping straight into the stranger. This started off great!

Before the woman had a chance to react, he took a deep bow and said, in a calm, steady voice

"Hello, I am Peter Grey, the owner of this castle. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance"

The woman chuckled lightly and looked up at him with a friendly smile. She seemed a bit amused by his unusual behavior. She curtsies to him, and says, her voice still soft.

"Pleased to meet you, sir. I'm Tessa."

Peter couldn't help but notice her lovely smile and warm brown eyes, and the way her dark hair curled just past her shoulders .

"No, no, call me Peter. I insist. This is your home now. You're welcome here. Have you chosen your living quarters yet?"

He places his hands neatly behind his back again. He seemed more like a living statue, than a man.

"No, sir-" she bites her tongue "I mean- Peter. I haven't..." she says a little awkwardly.

"There are hundreds upon hundreds of rooms to chose from. Feel free to have any one that you wish" he starts to walk away.

Believing that he was finished talking, Tessa stood there, unsure of what to make of this strange little man.

As he kept walking he asks
"What brings you here?" He kept walking, expecting her to walk along.
She quickly catches up to him and replies

"I was kicked out of my home after my father was killed. Nobody wanted a werewolf. And my mother...well my mother isn't a very caring person....I just sort of- stumbled here."

He nodded his head slowly, absorbing every word she said like a sponge.

Tessa rubbed her arm as she walked next to him.
"I met the maid. I met her first. Her name is-"

"Lucy, yes, she is quite the spit fire. She's very kind"

Tessa listened as she admired the architecture of the castle. She was impressed by the massive walls that guarded the castle.
"I appreciate your hospitality more than anything" she says

"It's the least I can do for you" he says. He pauses and inhales deeply
"So, you are a werewolf? Do you change during the full moon? Or can you change anytime you please?" He asks, looking forward as he walked. He was very straight-laced.

Tessa was actually suprised that he was even listening. She smiled gently as she looked down at the ground
"I can change anytime I please"

Peter nodded, listening and taking note to everything that she said.          "We have a forest on the estate. Just be careful. There are dangerous animals. But also, you're free to hunt.

"I will make sure to do so Mr. Grey" she curtsies again

He suddenly stops and turns directly towards Tessa. Tessa was a little started by his sudden action
"Tessa, let us meet later to find you a proper room. There are countless rooms to pick from, and I'd like to help you find the one that would suite you best. I know a room I think you'd like"

Tessa smiled slightly and nodded her head.  She notices how Peter's eyes seemed so steady and calm. And how tense he seemed. He begins to walk away again.

Without turning, he stops and says
"Oh yes, and another thing...about the mirrors. If you find that some of them are covered, please do not uncover them. And if you DO decide to uncover the mirrors, please, I implore you to cover them back up. If you do that, we should get along just fine"

"Thank you, Peter. I will" she wasn't quite sure what to think of this guy. He seemed like a friendly person, but just so uptight.

She walks away. After a hop and a skip, she transforms into her wolf form. Her wolf form was large, at least 6 feet tall, but she looked like a normal wolf. Her hair was dark, like her human form. She ran off into the woods, where she could freely roam without worry

Peter went about his duties. He was excited to meet Tessa later, but he didnt show it at all.

There were many more people to meet. When he knew Tessa had gone, he took a deep breath and smiled to himself as he stopped to lean his back agaisnt the wall. Yes... finally...