Chapter 3: Sugar and Fire

Francis was walking around the castle halls, trying to find the kitchen. He couldn't beleive that in a place this huge, that he couldn't find a kitchen. With his hands tucked in his pockets, he searched.

Where on earth is the kitchen!? I'm starved! He thought to himself. He was so enamored with the thought of finding food, that he didn't notice the young lady running straight for him.

They collided. A fire flickered from his hand as he yelled out in suprise. He shakes his hand out, trying to put out the flame. The young woman fell onto the floor with a small *thud*

He gasps
"Hey! Are you okay!?" He says, trying to help her up.

She was a plump little lady, with chocolate skin. Her dark, braided hair had beautiful flowers adorning it. She had a small, shimmering crown sitting neatly on her head. Her clothes looked rather regal.
"Crap! I'm so sorry!" She spits out

Francis raises his brow. He wasn't expecting a classy looking lady like this to talk like THAT.

"Um...yeah, yeah okay..are you hurt? Did I burn you?" He asks

She shakes her head as she brushes off her clothes.

"No, I'm fine. Just a little startled. But I'm okay." She straightens up her clothes and folds her arms over her chest "I'm Cece"

"I'm Francis. Pleased to bump into you. What brings you here?"
He smiles and runs a hand through his red locks

She shrugs and replies "Same reasons you're here I guess. To run away from my troubles. I needed to get away."

He shakes his head "Well, that's not why I'm here. I'm here, because I have no where else to go."

A wrinkle forms between her eyebrows "Oh...well that's rather unfortunate I must say. You have no where else to go?" She asks, sounding concerned.

"No, I'm afraid not. Foster kid. My family died along time ago." He replies simply

Cece looked down, almost shamefully. He was confused by her behavior. They didn't know each other, yet she acted like she heard a loved one had died.

"Miss? Are you alright? You look a little upset. I-"

"I'm fine!" She cuts him off.

There was an awkward silence for a moment. Francis was completely confused. He tried to avert his eyes, looking at the marble statues that lined the walls.

After one full, grueling minute of awkward silence he asks

"Hey...do you know where the kitchen is?..."
He tightens up a little, anxious about what her reaction will be.

She grins widely and says cheerfully
"I was just looking for the kitchen!"

"Me too! I'm starved!"
His emerald eyes brighten up. Now this is what I'm talking about! Someone here who knows their priorities! He thought to himself.

Cece grabs his arm in excitement
"God I know! Come one! I want pasta!"

She starts running down the halls, Francis running right next to her

"You certainly are desperate to find the kitchen!" He comments

She whips her head around and looks at him with a pieced lip. His smile immediately vanishes. His eyes widen. Uh oh! What now!?

"Are you calling me desperate!" She halts, pushing her tiny finger agaisnt his chest as they come to a sudden halt

He shakes his head quickly, his eyes wide with fear. Francis was terrified of this little regal lady