Chapter TWENTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

Ooh, ooh,
Won't you please stop loving me to death?

---

Luke

I could just picture the I told you so look on Kate's face as Calum nodded with his dazzling grin. I always knew Calum was handsome, I don't think anyone would deny that. Right now, he looked utterly beautiful, with the lights of the stage shining down on his face and the sides of his eyes crinkled because of his smile.

He was a sight to behold.

Every time you're near me,
Suddenly my heart begins to race.
Every time I leave,
I don't know why my heart begins to break.

I'm sure both of us had many things to say at the moment, I almost feel Calum's mind working. His gaze landed on my clothes and he raised an eyebrow, tugging on the collar of his muscles tee slightly. I guessed it was his way of asking why the hell I was wearing a denim jacket inside an already too hot because there's so many people here arena.

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself.
I don't wanna stay,
I wanna run away,
But I'm trapped under your spell.

I unzipped the jacket, the nerves in my stomach going wild again. Inside I was wearing a round neck baseball tee, but it had HOOD and the numbers 96 below in big, bold letters; Calum's last name and his year of birth.

And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.

Calum's mouth opened a tiny bit, but he was also kind of smiling.

Kate was suddenly beside me, whispering. "You know, there are thousands of people here wearing his name on their shirts too. When you did it, he lit up like a Christmas tree."

Ooh, ooh,
Won't you please stop loving me to death?

The song finished and Calum was still kneeling by the edge of the catwalk.

I was suddenly hyper-aware of the thousands of fans cheering and whooping very loudly.

"So, there has been some surprises tonight." Michael's voice was heard all over the arena. I could hear people behind me screaming. I turned around and there were multiple hands waving, 5SOS fans saying things all at the same time it became too incoherent for me to understand. I decided to simply wave back.

I looked towards the stage again when I heard Ashton's voice through the speakers. "Oh! I guess there are," He said. I met his eyes and he gave a big wave. I shot him a thumbs-up.

My eyes met Calum's and my stomach did a flip. He said something. I couldn't hear it too well, so I tried reading his lips. I still couldn't understand it either—Calum's lips are very distracting.

He cupped his hands around his mouth. "Later?" I heard him that time. I nodded at him and he jumped to his feet, walking backwards with this goofy smile which made me swoon just the tiniest bit.

The whole things was making me flustered. Kate was practically cackling.

Throughout the concert he kept looking back at me, probably checking if I was enjoying or if I was also staring at him. Which I was. All I wanted to do was hold him at that moment.