Left Everything Behind

Nadine arrived in Greece with her daughter, and Christina.

"Mom I think the package that Lola My sent is here!" Kendall exclaims. She was excited to recieve their things.

"Mabuti yun. Maaari kang pumunta at tulungan sila na dalhin ito sa aming room please?"

Kendall left the room.

Christina sat on the couch in the penthouse Nadine bought.

"Ninang? How will we go to school?" she asks.

"I talked to your mom. I will home-school you and Kenny starting 3:30 in the afternoon, the end of my shift at the Photography Studio. She said that she will stay with us here for about a month and a half when she's done with work, then you can choose if you want to go back home or not."

"Talaga?"

"Oo." Nadine says.

She yells in pain.

"Ninang, Are you okay?" Christina runs up to her and puts her arm around her as she bends over, clutching her baby bump. She had three months until her due date.

"I'm fine. Rest now, don't wait for Kenny. We will leave early tomorrow for sight-seeing.

Her god-daughter walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower faucet.
----------------------------------------------
James
Text:

October 10:
"I love you."

October 11:
"Please come home. I love you."

October 12:
"I love and miss you, Naddie. Where are you?"

October 13:
"I love you so much. I hope you're doing okay.

October 14:
"I love you."

October 15:
"Where are you? I love you so much."

October 16 (Today):
"I love you, Nadine. The kids and I miss you. I hope to see you tomorrow for C's birthday.
----------------------------------------------
     She silently cried in the closet while she read the texts. She couldn't come home for her baby's birthday. She just couldn't.
___________________________
     Earlier that day...

     James met Jessica at the doctor's for her second ultrasound of the month.

"Robert Reid and Jessica Duico?" An employee calls as she opens the door that led to the back of the office. They stood up and followed the man into a room where they met with the doctor.

"Magandang umaga!" the doctor greeted. They both smiled at him. They decided that whenever they saw each other, they wouldn't say anything unless it was important.

"Good morning, Doc." James said. He had to greet the man; the manners his parents taught him as a child had a some-what-great effect.

     The doctor started the ultrasound.
"You have a baby boy! But it looks like there will be complications during its birth."
___________________________
     Kendall and her mom stayed up late unloading their belongings into their new home. Nadine asked her mother to pack all of their personal items; even the ones she had stored in her old room at her childhood home. She had a special room that she had decorated to look like the exact room at her parents' house. They finished everything at about 1:30am.

     While both girls were snoring in the room that they shared next door, Nadine was awake, crying in her bedroom. She was thinking about her boys back in Manila. She left them there; she's been leaving without an explanation a lot recently. Everyone knew that it wasn't a good idea to let them be a part of this drama. But now, Nadine thought it was time to let them know, so they could understand. She couldn't be away from her children. They had to come to Greece and live with her. Not their father. It took her until 2:00am to stop. She didn't know why.

Oh wait, she did.