Hectic

16 years earlier...
___________________________
     (8:00am)

Nadine's phone dings. "Ano ngayon?" she asks herself in a sleepy voice.
----------------------------------------------
                         James❤️
Text message from James:

"Good morning Love :)
Busy tonight at 8?"

                                      "Hindi.
                                       Photoshoot from
                                       5pm-7pm. Bakit?"

"Tonight is date night,
Tandaan?"

"Ohh, yeah tandaan
ko, pasensya ka na
ha, my brain isn't
functioning well
right now."

"It's okay.
I'll be at your
house at 7:45.
Love you."

"Mahal din kita.
See you tonight."
----------------------------------------------
She got out of bed and made herself breakfast. While Nadine ate, she checked her schedule for the day:

12pm-2:30pm- Yassi and Andre's House
3:15pm-4:45pm- Photoshoot Prep
5pm-7pm- Photoshoot
8pm- 9pm- Naomi's School Play
________________
"Shit" Nadine said, noticing that she had to go to her sisters play when she told James that she was availible. She immediately called him.
<Nadine> - "Hey, I have plans tonight at 8... I have to be at Naomi's play. I'm really sorry."

<James> - "It's okay, It's good that you put your family as your top priority. How about tonight at 9:15?"

<Nadine> - "Are you sure you want to? Ito ay pagpunta sa maging isang maliit na late."

<James> - "Syempre. Gusto kitang makita."

<Nadine> - "Sige. That'll work. Love You, bye."
_____________________
After the call, she got ready to go to Yassi's place.

It took her about an hour to drive over there, what with the Manila traffic and all.
She rang the doorbell.
Yassi opened the door and said, "Nadz! You're here! Come in, Andre is in the kitchen preparing the food. He should be finishing up." Yassi smiled.

Nadine walked in and hugged her friend. She walked down the hallway towards the dining room.
"Hey Andre! Ako may hindi nakita sa isang mahabang panahon!"
"I know! Kumusta ka?" Andre asked.
"Ako mabuti, ikaw?" she replied.
He said, "Ako din, Yassi and I just came home from our vacation to Ilocos last week, but i'm sure you know that, right?"
"Alam ko" she laughed.

    "OKAY LET'S EAT!" Yassi called.
The three friends sat and ate their lunch.
___________________________
In the middle of their meal, Nadine got up and said, "Excuse me ha, ako pagpunta sa gamitin ang banyo."
She walked away into a far hallway.

Yassi whispered to Andre, "Remember, don't spoil anything for Nadine ha, She needs to remember this years from now."
"Okay, okay, I promise." He said, assuring his wife.

Nadine comes out of the bathroom and they continued to eat, and talk.

About half an hour later, she checked the time and realized she had to leave, "Sorry, I have to leave now if I want to be there in time, but maraming salamat for the food!"
Yassi replied, "Sige, Drive safely!"
Nadine left and made her way to work.
___________________________
Once she arrived, they quickly took her into wardrobe.
It took them 25 minutes for the crew to choose the outfits she will wear for the shoot. They then put her through hair and makeup.
___________________________
Work was over, and she was tired as hell, but there were still more things to do.
On her way to Naomi's school, she stopped by at the nearest store to buy her flowers.
___________________________
She met her parents at the front of the elementary school. "I'm so glad you could come, Anak. Iyong kapatid ay magiging masaya."
Her along with her 2 brothers and her parents walked into the gymnasium to see 9 year old kids in a Halloween play.
Of course Nadine loved it because she was proud, but also because she has a special place inside of her when it comes to Halloween.
Maybe it's the thrill, or the feeling of childhood, or the fact that she was born on the spooky holiday.
She then realized that tomorrow, October 31st, was her birthday.
Her whole week was so hectic that she didn't even realize it.
___________________________
After the play she came up to her sister and gave her a hug. "You were great out there," she said, "You may be even better at acting than I am!" Nadine then handed her the flowers.
Naomi accepted the flowers and laughed. "No, hindi ako, you're the best."
___________________________
Nadine went home and went up to her room to get ready for her date.
Right after she got her light blue dress on, she passed out on her bed.
___________________________
James drove up to her house and rang the doorbell 10 times. She didn't open the door, so he tried calling her. When she wouldn't answer, he got worried so he took the hidden key from under the welcome mat and opened the front door.

"Naddie?" he called. Still no answer. He ran up to her bedroom to see her sleeping.
Relieved, James laughed as he saw that she fell asleep with her phone on and in her hand with an unfinished text message that was supposed to be sent to Lauren, James' sister.

He sat next to her and shook her slightly. "Nadz? I'm here now. Gising na."
He forgot that Nadine was a very deep sleeper, so he shook her harder, because he needed to do something very important.
She woke up and looked at him with sleepy eyes. "Oh, you're here, sorry, Today was sort of a confusing and tiring day."
He said, "It's fine, I understand. But let's go, I want to take you somewhere.
They both got up and walked down to the front of Nadine's house, where his car was parked.
___________________________
Nadine slept the whole car ride to their destination.
When they arrived, she woke up and looked at James, "Why are we here?" They were at the park in which they first met to shoot James' first music video a few years ago.
"I wanted show you how we first met. You were sitting on that bench," he pointed to a black metal bench," and the director took me to meet you. I was really shy back then."
Nadine laughed as they got out of his car, "Alam ko, It was hard to talk to you."
"You made such an effort to have a conversation." he replied, and ended with a short laugh.

"Then a year later, we were casted in movies together, back to back, which we then became best friends, since we were together all the time," he continued, "and a few movies and songs later, here we are, we fell in love."

Nadine looks around the park smiling, remembering everything they did together.
James then got down on one knee, pulled out a small velvet box and said, "Nadine Lustre, You are my best friend, and I want to spend my entire life with you. I may have not known you were the one from the start, but over the years i've been friends with you, my love grew larger for you everyday. All our conversations, everytime we see each other, I always look forward to all of them. You are the silliest, most beautiful, honest, and kind person I know. I love you more than anything, Will you marry me?" He opened the ring box he had in his hand to show a beautiful diamond.

"Wow, You could've just saved that speech for our wedding." she laughed.
He asked with a smile, "So is that a yes?"
Nadine replied,"I'm sorry... No."
James' face froze. His soulmate declined his proposal.

She then started laughing and said, "I'm just kidding, of course I will!" she then kissed him and gave him a hug. He then started breathing heavily and replied, "You scared me!"
"Sorry," she looked into his eyes and continued, "Mahal kita." James looks at her for a second, then kisses her.

He picked up the engagement ring, and put it on her left ring finger.