Fix You- Lost Girls part 1

*Flashback, 1864*

Stefan Salvatore walked quickly to the entrance of his home, placing his hands behind his back as the carriage of his family's guests pulled up in front.

First, a dark-skinned woman was helped out of the carriage and she nodded her thanks. Then, Stefan's heart stopped at the next woman.

She was an elegant beauty. Her olive skin was flawless with rosy cheeks, her dark hair was pulled up and pinned perfectly with curls framing her beautiful face, and her brown eyes were mysterious and deep. She looked Stefan up and down, seeming to like what she saw since she smirked a little. The footman helped the third, and final woman out of the carriage and Stefan didn't think that she would ever be able to top the one he was currently staring at. He was wrong.

The third woman was significantly more petite, but just as beautiful if not more. Her round blue-green eyes were large and held a childlike innocence, her skin was pale and as flawless as the second woman, she had rosy cheeks, and her full lips were as red as roses.

Stefan finally stepped down the stairs and began walking toward the ladies. He bowed to them slightly, looking at taller woman.

"You must be the Pierce sisters," he said.

"Please, call me Katherine," she said, holding her hand out to him. He took it as she curtsied to him, then he looked at her sister.

"And I insist you call me Elizabeth," she smiled, doing the same as her sister and curtsying. "Mr. Salvatore."

"Call me Stefan, please," he smiled.

In that moment, Stefan's heart was already torn in two. Both the girls held his heart from the moment he looked in their eyes. And thus began a very complicated, dangerous love story.

*Present Day*

I knocked on the door of the Salvatore boarding house. It had been a while since Elena left this morning. She said she was going to talk to Stefan about what he told her last night. Vampires, I thought. I never thought they actually existed. Elena was going to get some answers about the whole vampire thing from Stefan and she didn't take me with her because she didn't want me to get hurt, but I wanted to get some answers of my own and I didn't want to have the information passed on to me through Elena. Besides, it's not like Stefan would hurt me. I trusted him.

I knocked again when no one answered, this time the door opened a little like it had the first time I came over with Elena. I shivered. This creepy feeling just came over me and what was I doing? Stepping inside the house. This would be the part of a movie where everyone in the theater stands up and screams for me to not go in. Here I go anyway.....

"Hello?" I called.

"Samantha!" a voice said happily.

I whirled around and there he was. Just like the first time.

"Damon," I breathed. "What uh- I um...I-I thought Stefan and Elena would be-"

"Yeah they're not," he said. He smirked knowingly at me. "You know our little secret, don't you?"

I shook my head.

"No," I denied quickly.

He leaned forward, his face coming dangerously close to mine.

"Your heart beat just picked up," he whispered.

"I should go," I said fearfully.

I turned around to walk away, but he gripped my wrist and pulled me back.