Fix You- Fool Me Once

My eyes slowly opened as I groaned, putting my hand to my dully aching head. I blinked a few times to get myself out of my dizzy haze, focusing on the unconscious figure next to me. I gasped when I realized it was Elena.

Now alert and fully aware that we were on a bed together in what appeared to be a motel room, I groggily pulled myself up to check on my sister. She was breathing softly and I didn't see any blood. How did she get here?

Anna, I thought. My head throbbed just at the thought of her name. She must have taken Elena after she got me.

I scanned the room, stiffening when I noticed the figure slumped in a chair a few feet away from the bed. He was snoring softly, showing no sign that me waking up woke him up.

"Elena," I whispered as quietly as I could as I shook her gently. "Elena wake up."

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, momentary confusion taking over her face before her eyes widened and she sat up like a bullet.

"Sam," she gasped.

I pressed a finger to my lips, pointing to the sleeping man on the chair. She followed my finger and her eyes widened more.

"Ben," she mouthed silently.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Ben? As in the Ben Bonnie was dating? Why would he be here? What did he have to do with anything?

Elena wrapped her hand around my wrist, pulling me off the bed with her silently. She led me across the carpet to the door quietly as she and I cautiously watched Ben. My heart thumped wildly in my chest as we passed him to get to the door, a silent sigh making my shoulders relax as we did without a hitch.

Elena's hands shook as she reached up to undo the chain on the door while I watched Ben.

I only glanced back to Elena once before I heard him.

"I wouldn't."

The two of us gasped and I whipped my head back around to see Ben, now on his feet only inches in front of me. How did he get there when he was on the chair fast asleep only seconds ago? Was he...

He seemed amused by our reactions, but stepped even closer to me, staring deep in to my eyes.

"Don't try and escape," he commanded. "Don't even move."

I watched as his pupils dilated, confirming my suspicion. He was a vampire. Though I was tempted to tell Elena to run and get in the light- I didn't see any form of daylight ring like Damon and Stefan had plus the curtains were tightly closed- I kept eye contact to give him the impression his compulsion was working.

"Do you understand?"

"I understand," I agreed, keeping my voice monotone.

He scoffed, a smile growing on his face. I cheered silently at my victory as he turned to Elena.

"Don't make me compel you too," he warned her. "Your sister is staying here no matter what you do."

She nodded, making him believe she wasn't going to run. He smiled at the both of us, satisfied with his work, and then turned to get something out of the mini-fridge.

I turned to Elena and she quickly yanked the door open while his back was turned. Sunshine fell on us and Elena took one step outside before bumping in to another figure. I recognized her immediately as Anna.

She grabbed Elena by her hair, dragging her back in to the motel room with her and she seized my upper arm. We both wrestled with her, trying to escape, but she had a strength that was almost comically disproportionate to her size.