Fix You- There Goes The Neighborhood

"So Elena thinks it was Isobel who answered when she called the creepy number?" Chastity asked once we reached our lockers at school.

"She said the woman's voice sounded like someone she knew but never met," I explained. "Wouldn't your first thought be birth mother?"

"If it was a man, my first thought would be soulmate," she sighed.

I smiled and opened my locker.

"So let me get this straight," she started. "Your sister...found out who her birth mother is- or was- and kept it a secret from you because...why again?"

"She wanted to find out all there was to find out before she told me," I informed her. "She wanted to make sure that there was no way Isobel was my birth mother too."

"At least that's what she says," Chastity muttered so lowly I nearly missed it.

I turned from my locker to look at her.

"What does that mean?" I asked her.

She sighed and shut her own locker before leaning against it and turning to me.

"It's just...everything that has happened up until this point, she's kept you up to date on. Her and Katherine looking alike, you and Elizabeth looking alike, you guys being adopted...she told you all of that right after she found out. Now suddenly she wanted all of the information before she told you? It just doesn't seem like she's telling you the truth. At least not all of it."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would she lie?"

"Maybe there's something she doesn't want you to know."

The bell rang and I closed my locker slowly.

"Just think about it," Chastity said before starting down the hall. She called over her shoulder, "I'll talk to ya later!"

I remained rooted to my spot, thinking over what Chastity had said. Why did Elena suddenly wait to get all of the details before telling me about Isobel? She wasn't hiding anything from me, I knew that.

I knew that...

~~~~~

Third POV

Damon walked in to the boarding house and was immediately greeted by the sensation of another presence in the house. A very familiar one at that...

He stepped further in and was entirely unsurprised by the sight of Pearl sitting with her back to him in the living room in front of Anna, who was looking at Damon with an apprehensive look on her face.

"Hello Damon," Pearl greeted him after hearing him come in.

"Haven't you heard of knocking?" he asked bitterly.

"An invitation wasn't necessary," she informed him. "I'm surprised that no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brother?"

"Yeah."

"How do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" Anna asked.

Damon shrugged with a smug smirk.

"Kill them," he said easily. He eyed them both for a moment. "Where is she?"

"I was just going to ask you the same," Pearl retorted. "I take it Katherine didn't come here after leaving us."

"She left?" Damon asked genuinely surprised.

"She stayed for a short while to get back to her full strength, then she left without a word. Shame since Frederick was so looking forward to see her again."

Fix You (A Vampire Diaries Fan-Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें