six

Next stop: Boston.

Lauren's still salty and bipolar, and the girls are still trying to convince me to be the mature one in the situation. I don't think it's worth my time, but I guess whatever they say, goes.

"Can someone pass me my phone?" the green-eyed girl asked, holding her hand out from the couch. Without hesitation, I grabbed it and place it in her palm, not receiving any kind of thanks.

"You're welcome." I rolled my eyes, feeling Camila nudge my elbow.

She was the only one that really understood the situation I was in. When Camren first popped up, Lauren had her back turned to her as well. But, like everyone else, she believes Lauren will eventually calm down to a point where she won't care. "Y/N," she warned.

I huffed and crossed my arms childishly. "It's not my fault Lauren's been bitchy to me. I'd fix it if I knew why," I muttered, glaring at the girl across the way.

"We've all told you to ask her," she replied, standing up to take my hand. I shook my head stubbornly. "Come on, let's go watch a movie in the back," Camila smiled at me.

I gladly took her hand and walked with the younger girl, feeling eyes bearing into the back of my head. Dinah whispered something to someone, but I wasn't interested in finding out what was said to whom; I was just focused on Camila.

"So what do you want to watch?" the Cuban asked me as she dug through the movies she had in store. "We've got... Mulan, Paper Towns, Tangled... Just name a movie and I'll see if we have it."

I nodded. "How about Karate Kid? Like, the original?"

She shrugged and kept flipping through her options, saying, "I hate to break it to you, but we don't have that one."

"I know, but I could pull it up on my laptop." I walked to my bunk, picking up the computer and walking back to Camila. "Does that sound good?"

"Yeah, definitely."

We sat down on the couch and scooted closer to the point where Camila's head was on my shoulder as she curled up to me comfortably. I had my arm around her while we watched Ralph Macchio get sweet, sweet revenge on the blonde-headed kid. In between, there was a few laughs and a few comments of criticism, but towards the end, all I heard were soft snores.

Shutting my laptop, I placed it on the floor and placed my now free arm on Camila's waist as my head rested on hers. "Goodnight, munchkin. And thank you."

I stayed up for a few minutes or so, debating on what my final choice was with Lauren. I think I'll ask her, I thought.

That's easier said than done. I'd have to get the girl alone without her snapping at me, not to mention she doesn't even want to breathe the same air as me or be in the same room.

I sighed defeatedly and held Camila tighter, hoping it would give me some sort of relief or comfort. I wasn't aware of how tightly I was holding the smaller girl until she groaned and mumbled, "Loose the python grip, will ya?"

"Oh, sorry."

I let go slightly, my arms still dangling loosely around her as my mind wandered through my thoughts once again.

I should probably befriend her before I ask. But how am I supposed to befriend her if I don't even know what's wrong? Fuck. It's great. Life is great.

Eventually, my brain shut off due to excessive over-thinking and I fell asleep at what I thought was 11:00-ish, but was actually more like 1:00. So much for getting a good night sleep.

***

After the show, I took a deep breath and let it out twice as fast. I finally worked up the courage to talk to Lauren. I was ready to know just why she hates me so much. But before I could say anything to her, I was stopped by someone else I had seen around before, but never spoke to.

"Hey, um... I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think you're really supposed to be back here," she spoke slowly, probably trying not to offend me.

I raised an eyebrow skeptically, trying to figure out what she meant, but a hand stopped me. "JoJo, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is JoJo. She's the one Simon chose for that job we discussed earlier," Dinah explained, using her hands for emphasis.

"Oh," the girl dragged out in realization, sticking out her hand politely. "It's nice to meet you, Y/N."

I took her hand into a firm grip as a I shook it and smiled. "Likewise, JoJo. I'm a big fan."

She let out a small squeal, then clapped her hands excitedly, as I watched her smile widen and meet her eyes. "That's so cool! Thank you! I—"

"Where's Victoria?" Dinah cut in, looking around for someone else.

JoJo shrugged as she looked over her shoulders twice, then returned her gaze back to Dinah and I. "I'm not sure. Probably back at the bus. Knowing her, she's probably dancing by herself in the back room."

Camila popped up and wrapped both of her arms around me from the side. I wrapped my right arm around her, then chuckled as she poked my sides. "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Camila," JoJo greeted as she took a few steps back. "I should go find Victoria. I'll see you guys later!"

With that, she ran out of sight, leaving Fifth Harmony and I backstage. Camila was still on my side, and the others were still removing their ear-pieces and getting their mics situated. I, on the other hand, was watching as Lauren attempted to untangle her ear-pieces. Camila and the other girls eventually started walking back, leaving Lauren and I to ourselves.

I took the opportunity to help her—just to butter her up before I asked the one thing that had been on my mind. "Lemme see them." I held out my hand and waited for a reply, but only received another scoff.

"I don't need your, or anyone else's, help. Back off," she growled, moving the small entangled objects out of my reach.

"Lauren, please let me help this once." After relentless begging, she finally gave in and handed them to me. I nodded and smiled as I began untangling the cords. "Thank you."

She nodded back and looked away until I was done, then snatched them and put them in their proper place. She was about to walk away, but stopped and turned her head back towards me, slightly. "Thanks for uh- you know, helping me."

I internally cheered, knowing I had scored yet another point with Lauren. "Wait."

She turned back to me, her eyes bearing into mine as she held back a glare. She was playing nice. "Yeah?"

I walked forward and motioned her to walk back to the bus with me. Lauren was hesitant, but agreed. We walked out of the building and I let out a small breath, then turned to she slightly shorter girl nervously. "I just want to ask you a question real quick," I began, messing with my fingers in front of me. "Please don't be mad or get offended or anything."

To my surprise, she let out a small giggle and rested my shaking hands by my side, saying, "Just ask it."

I scratched my nape, then squinted as I tried to find the right words. It took a few seconds, but I decided to just wing it and be straight forward, right to the point.

"Why do you hate me?"

•••

A/N: little late, but I hope it's okay

~yours truly