one

"So the girls and I were going out to grab some lunch. Wanna join us?" Dinah said, motioning to the door leading out of the building. "We could get to know you and stuff."

"Yeah, I'd love to. I'm gonna go back to my place and change into something more comfortable, then I'll meet you there," I replied, gripping my keys tighter in my hands to ensure I didn't embarrass myself and drop them. Dinah nodded and reached her hand out as if she was waiting for me to give her something. "Uh, what?"

"Your phone. I'm gonna text you where we're eating, so I'll need your number," she chuckled, the other girls watching our interaction with some sort of interest. I quickly fumbled with my phone until it landed safely in her grasp and she typed in her number. "There. We'll see you in a few!"

As soon as I received my phone back, we parted ways and I raced home to change, just to be sure I didn't leave the girls waiting too long. I chose a t-shirt, some joggers, and a bomber jacket that hung loosely around my waist in case I got cold. I let my hair flow naturally down my back, and deciding I looked okay, I walked out to my car.

Finah Jane Hansen 🔥

yo, meet us at the small diner down the street from the studio

okay, on my way

I placed my phone in the cup holder beside me and began driving to the location, getting pissed at arrogant drivers in the process. But once all the anger and pent-up stress subsided, I entered the small restaurant and spotted the girls sitting at a small table in the back. A sign read: "Seat Yourself," so I walked towards them and slid into the booth next to Lauren who scooted as far away from me as possible.

Ignoring her antics, I greeted them with a toothless smile which they gladly returned. "Let us formally introduce ourselves," the shortest one said. "I'm Ally."

"Hey, Dinah Jane's the name, pranking loser's the game," the Polynesian winked playfully. "Oh, and I'm basically Beyoncé's long, lost daughter."

"Camila Cabello—banana enthusiast, and happy to meet you!" the small Cuban grinned cutely.

"Normani, ABBA's dancing queen; if you know what I mean," she smirked, poking my arm from across the table. "I'm also a child of Beyoncé's."

I only received four names and looked to the last girl for hers, even though I already knew all of them already.

"Lauren," she spoke coldly and shortly.

I glanced at the others for an explanation, but just received small shrugs as we began to make conversation amongst ourselves. We ordered, then discussed what the tour life would be like; apparently very hectic, but at the same time very rewarding and fun. Continuing to chow on our meal and talk about various subjects subjects such as school, our interests, turn ons, turn offs, etc., I learned a lot about the girls I didn't already know. Eventually, though, we cleared our plates and I sat back, patting my food baby.

"I think I ate one-too-many fries," I laughed lightly, letting out a small burp afterwards. "Oops. Excuse me."

The other girls laughed, except for Lauren who still had this look on her face as if she could kill someone at any second. Out of all of us, she was the quietest and least contributive to the conversation. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom," she muttered, excusing herself as she softly shoved me out of the booth so she could leave.

Once she was out of sight, I let out an exasperated sigh while the girls gave me sympathetic looks. "Does she hate me?" I questioned, looking in the direction she left, just to make sure she wasn't already on her way back.

"No, no," Camila answered, "she doesn't really hate anyone, and she's not one to hold a grudge."

"Mila's right. As mean as Lauren may seem, she's actually really nice," Ally pitched in thereafter with a shrug.

"Then what's her problem with me?" I shot back, kind of upset she already disliked me.

"It's not you, it's management," the dark-skinned girl across from me said, just as Lauren came into view once again. "Maybe you should try to get to know her and ask her what's up," she whispered.

"Well if we're all done, I'd like to get back to the house so we don't get mobbed by paparazzi again," the green-eyed girl said, beginning to walk out before any of us could even stand up.

"I swear she hates me, guys," I mumbled, following her out after helping pay the bill.

We made our way back to the girls' house they shared when not at home or on tour, and made our way inside. They gave me a small look at the large, mansion-like home, then guided me to the living room where Dinah was putting on a movie.

We got comfortable, sprawled about the couch, chairs and floor; Normani and Camila laying across the carpet, Dinah and Ally in separate chairs, and Lauren and I on the couch.

As the movie went on, I stole glances at Lauren, trying to see if she had any other emotions on her face besides anger or annoyance. And at once point, some character cracked a joke, and Lauren actually smiled—something I'd only ever seen her do in interviews or on stage from afar. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

"Wow," I breathed out aloud—slightly louder than intended.

The Cuban's head snapped towards me and her eyebrows knitted together in confusion and disgust. "What?"

"Oh, uh- I..." What do I say? What do I say?! "You just... You just have a nice smile."

The ends of her lips quirked into an adorable smile and she nodded appreciatively. "Oh, thanks."

She averted her attention back towards the movie, probably a little weirded out. But despite her awkwardness, I was grateful she took the compliment.

I guess what they say is true; honesty is the best policy.

•••

A/N: so Lauren has a little bitter-sweet attitude towards you, but why??

l think I want to keep the chapters short n' sweet tbh

if you think I should write longer parts, just let me know; majority rules though, and longer parts means less updates in a short amount of time

thanks for reading xx

~yours truly