Request - Liam Dunbar "Big Brother is watching" (Fanfic)

"Liam?"

Liam sat on the couch downstairs, but as soon as he heard his little brother whispering his name he jumped up and rushed towards his brother's bedroom. "I'm here. What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep!" The little boy pouted and a tear rolled down his cheeks. "I think there is a monster in the closet!"

Liam had to bite his lip to make sure he wouldn't start laughing. Instead he lifted his little brother up and carried him to the living room where the television was playing a calming talkshow.

"There are no monsters in the closet. I promise." Liam rocked his little brother in his arms and once in a while he pressed a soft kiss in his hair. "There are no scary monsters in this house at all. I have personally scared them all away."

It was a good thing that his brother didn't know what he was. Maybe he wouldn't call Liam for help. He would be afraid of Liam, of his own brother.

Liam looked up when the doorbell rang and he frowned his eyebrows while he swallowed a curse before it could escape his lips. "Damn it, I had forgotten about the pack meeting!" He put his little brother next to him on the couch. "I'm gonna open the door and I'll be right back. Don't move, okay?" His little brother nodded and Liam rushed to the door while scratching the back of his neck.

"You didn't forget the pack meeting, did you?" Scott stood in the doorway and he was followed by Stiles, Derek, Isaac, Lydia, Kira and Malia. "You said your parents were both at work so it wouldn't be a problem."

"Liam?" His little brother stood in the doorway with his thumb in his mouth. He looked cute in his pyjama and Lydia was the first to walk towards the little boy to kneel down in front of him.

"And who are you? Are you Liam's little brother?" She held out her hand but Liam's brother cocked his head and he stepped back, almost tripping over his own legs. "You're not afraid of me, are you?" Lydia pouted a little, but Liam's brother didn't take the thumb out of his mouth. "Didn't Liam tell you about us?" She spoke softer and she wanted to grab his little hands, but the boy started running, straight into the arms of his older brother.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's only Lydia and she is very nice." Liam lifted his brother up again and he whispered a sorry to his friends, who didn't really seem to mind that the pack meeting would have to wait a little longer. "Come, I'll get you some milk and maybe Lydia can read you a story while Scott, Isaac and Derek make sure there is no monster in your closet and under your bed."

His little brother nodded and Liam walked to the kitchen while Derek, Isaac and Scott climbed the stairs without asking any other questions. "I don't want Lydia to read a story. You have to tell a story!"

Liam shrugged his shoulders and while he waited for the bottle to warm up a smile spread across his face. "Long ago there was a scared little boy..." Liam forgot that Lydia, Kira and Malia were listening and he didn't even notice Derek, Isaac and Scott walking back into the kitchen too. He kept on talking and telling and his little brother emptied the bottle while listening carefully. "The scared little boy defeated the monster and he lived happily ever after."

"Can I be like him?" His little brother started to sound sleepy and Liam stood up again, his brother still on his arm.

"You are like him." Liam climbed the stairs, placed the little boy in his crip again and he pressed a soft kiss on his forehead. "Monsters are afraid of you. Even when you are asleep."

The little boy closed his eyes and Liam concentrated on his breathing. When his brother's breathing slowed down he walked to the door on the tips of his toes and closed it behind him.

"You and your brother are cute." Lydia smiled and with blushing cheeks Liam sat down in the seat next to her.

"Let's start the meeting, okay?"