[Chapter XX] - Confessions

Start from the beginning

"But I do want to say it," Taekwoon said as he pulled Hakyeon in to return his hug. This time, it wasn't just Hakyeon holding onto him, but he held Hakyeon confidently with his arms wrapped at the boy's smaller body. "I love you too."

Finally, he was able to say those words to Hakyeon.

* * * * * *

Jaehwan was sitting in the kitchen while waiting for the two to come down.

What's taking them so long? The pie is getting cold! He grumbled while starring at the pie but unable to eat it until the others joined him.

He heard footsteps walking down the stairs finally.

"Gosh! You two took way too long! The pie is already cold!" He scolded them. The two of them walked inside the kitchen with a strange look on their faces, as if something happened. But it wasn't like they had some kind of fight, but rather...

Ah, that look. Jaehwan was pleased.

"Anyways, you two sit down and I'll go heat up the pie again," Jaehwan said as he skipped his way to the oven.

Taekwoon took out the chair for Hakyeon and went to the other side to sit down. Instead of sitting at the chair Taekwoon had prepared for him, Hakyeon followed next to Taekwoon and sat down beside him instead. Taekwoon saw that and couldn't help but think how cute and clingy Hakyeon was being. He patted the boy on the head, causing Hakyeon to blush violently.

"Stop that," Hakyeon said, even though he actually liked it.

Jaehwan was too afraid to turn around to witness the two lovebirds at the back flirting with one another. It was obvious the two had something going on while they were upstairs.

"Well, dig in. That granny's apple pies are the best in this town!" Jaehwan said as he served the two who waited patiently at the table.

"Thanks!" Hakyeon said delightfully and took his share. Hakyeon was cheerful again. His usual self that Jaehwan and Taekwoon were used to seeing. They were relieved that the boy was back to normal again.

"You should eat slower. No one is going to steal your food," Taekwoon told Hakyeon as he wiped the crumbs off the side of Hakyeon's mouth.

Hakyeon let out a shy giggle and was acting like a little boy again. Jaehwan almost couldn't believe that the two who sat in front of them were supposed to be older than him.

They're so... cheesy.

But he was also happy that the two finally got together. Jaehwan was envious of the two.

If only his own relationship had turned out to be like this as well...

* * * * * *

Hakyeon really didn't want to go home. He almost refused to let Taekwoon go when he went out the door.

"But, but..." Hakyeon said with his puppy eyes.

"Your parents will be worried about you if you stay out too much. Go home for today okay? Stay safe. We can be together again tomorrow." Taekwoon trying to persuade him.

"Okay... but I'm coming here first thing in the morning when I wake up and you better be here!"

"Got it." Taekwoon patted Hakyeon's head and ruffled his soft dark brown hair. It seems to have become a habit of his because the other was too adorable.