Chapter Two: New Beginnings

It's hard to imagine my whole life being packed into one small, beaten down suitcase. I didn't really need much, just the bare necessities, and a picture of my parents and I.

I didn't get much sleep. But then again, I haven't had much sleep the past week either. To say that I was going to miss it here was a complete overstatement. In all honesty, I needed this change. There was nothing holding me down here anymore.

It was nearing dawn and I could already see out my window the remaining members that decided to stay, bidding their friends farewell. It was the first time I actually physically saw how little people we had left.

A knock suddenly interrupted me from my thoughts, causing me to turn to look at the intruder. I was relieved to see it was only Ella. She has a small smile plastered on her face and was clutching on to a suitcase as well.

"Are you ready, Dear?" She asked sweetly, standing just outside the doorway.

Of course I wasn't ready. While I may not have anything left, I was still ill prepared for what lied outside the pack borders; especially in Alpha Roman Moriarty's territory. Would it be as the stories foretold? Disease plaguing the towns, vicious guards preying on the citizens, and dark dungeons filled with notorious criminals?

"Yeah, I'm ready," I smiled picking up my suitcase. I began heading out the door, taking a last look around my room. I took in the scratched wood flooring that had aged over the years; the antique wallpaper which peeled off in the corners; and that crooked old bed which gave me back aches for days. "Goodbye," I sighed, no one in particular to witness me mindlessly babbling.

When I arrived outside of the pack house, the first thing I noticed was a giant black and white charter bus. "Huh," I thought, "like a field trip." I inwardly laughed at the irony. This was anything but a field trip. More like a trip to the underworld.

I recognized some of the pack members loading their belongings into the bus ( however little we were). There were mostly some of the younger pack members, those who, like me, lost their parents in the war. I followed them, lugging my suitcase into the leftmost compartment.

Heading into the bus, I noticed that most of the seats were empty, seeing as though most of the pack members were still outside. I took this opportunity to drag myself all the way to the rear of the bus and sat next to the window.

It would be a long trip for sure. I closed my eyes contemplating what my new life would be like, what new adventures were lurking around the corner, and who exactly was Alpha Roman...

* * * * * * * *

I felt a gentle hand shaking my sleeping frame, jolting me out of my dreamless sleep. I opened my eyes to see that it was just one of the other girls in the pack.

"Sorry to wake you, but we're almost there," she awkwardly smiled, looking down at the floor. She must be an Omega. I could practically feel the nervousness around her.

"Thanks," I muttered in gratitude and begrudgingly sat up from my seat. I immediately got a head rush, showcasing how long I'd actually been asleep.

Looking out the frosty windows I saw that the pack lands were not the trash lands I previously thought they were. In fact, it was the opposite. The landscape consisted of many tall trees; they were like the redwoods back home but much thicker and had bigger roots. It was almost like I stepped into an enchanted forest off of a story book.

Across the distance I could make out a blue mass. A lake. It was surrounded by high cliffs and a cluster of small waterfalls. It was quite breath taking to say the least. For a moment I almost began to think we were had made a wrong turn into paradise. This was nothing like the rumors.