Bleached Hair [8]

A quick whiff of her scent entered my nose as she loomed over my bed.

"You must really enjoy sleeping, how underwhelming," said Adira.

I sat up and my body still ached.

There stood rude girl.

I stared at her upside down and I saw her annoyance. Her straight hair fell and tickled my face.

"Get up, today is the first trial," she tossed me an outfit and it landed on my face. There was what I previously smelled on Adira. The black bodysuit smelled like cherries and limes. I took it and sat up, letting my legs dangle off of the bed. I removed the clothing I was wearing to reveal my sweat-stained undergarments.

The general outfit was a thick but light jacket composed of some sort of shiny material. I saw that Adira wearing it and it fit her nicely. Inside the jacket was a regular black top. It had black pants and boots. After letting it snuggly fit my figure I slipped on my sword. Adira exited the room.

I was petrified. Takashi was going to kill me in the first trial.

"Go to the backyard!" shrieked Akira's voice, interrupting my worries.

We all go to the yard and looked like soldiers wearing identical suits. We stood in a horizontal row and then we saw her.

Akira Haruno, in the flesh.

I had never really looked at her this closely.

She had light brown hair with many unnatural highlights. Hell, it wasn't even a brown at this point, the follicles were bleached so hard they turned into a dirty blonde. She had alert sapphire eyes with tired bags under them that were still visible, even with her ten pounds of foundation. Her complexion was like glass and her eyelashes looked like spiders. She screamed the word 'fake.'

We watched her walk towards us. Her heels clanked against the ground loudly. She was wearing a plain black dress, and it fell down to her knees. She looked at us and said, "Don't try any tricks. I'm not afraid to kill all of you."

I looked over at the group and everyone was attentive.

"For the first trial, we are gonna spar," she said and enthusiastically clapped her hands. "Hm," she muttered and scanned all of us.

"Him," she pointed to the Tazakai.

His face remained emotionless and his crimson eyes challenged her, which only made her giggle.

"You can fight. . .her," she pointed a finger at Adira and I swear I could feel her tense up a bit.

Akira looks at Takashi. "Actually," she paused. "Let's make this more interesting."

She goes about an inch or so away from Takashi. "You can fight too, baby," she cooed. I don't know whether to laugh or stay a statue. She then pointed directly at me. I looked at the fake jewels on her fingernails, a little diamond bow. "You as well," she said and backed away from us. "The vampire and the demon girls against ninja and Kashi-Washi."

I couldn't help it, even through the thick air, I bursted out laughing.

Kashi-Washi?

She saw my laughter and turned stone cold.

I immediately stopped fearfully and she smiled deviously. Her teeth were a blinding white.

"Because of this slut," Akira snapped. "The girls will have to fight without their weapons."

Adira gave me the most furious look. "Nice damn job, Emiko," she said and glared. I removed my tachi sword and Adira dropped her double hand-knives. Akira loosely gathered them into her flimsy arms.

Akira ran off into a door.

How was this fair? No weapons?!

"Alright," we heard Akira's squeaky voice through the speaker. The yard compressed into the ground and flipped into an arena providing lots of room to fight. Adira and I walk on the right side, the boys on the left.

"Fight freaks," Akira squeals. We get in our ready stance without any weapons. Takada, Katsura, and Faith watched intently. Taz readied his nodachi in a bent position. Electric sparks were noticeable.

So he has powers too?!

Adira and I, who do not have any chemistry or experience fighting together, have to go weaponless against too large guys with huge swords and powers?!

Takashi formed his black halo above his head, alongside a floating long sword and black wings.

Adira and I looked at each other. Not having our weapons and fighting that?!

She shot me the most enraged look and I turned away.

"Oh boy, I've been waiting to kill her," said Takashi, making the sword float. It was pointed right to where my neck was.

"I will avenge him. After what your kind did to him."

Avenge who?

What your kind did to him. . .

Oh god.