A real pity.

"Wow." Alex drawled sarcastically. "Almost sounded sincere there Maddison."

Pressing a hand to my chin, I contemplated what I was going to do with my poor friend stuck like this for such a long time...

"I'm going to make you pose for photos with Monica, dressed in cute outfits... " Alex stopped in his tracks to give me a wary look.

I smiled.

"... and hang them on my wall."

Blue-green eyes glowered down at me from a few steps above.

"I'd like to see you try it."

I cocked my head.

"Is that a challenge?"

Alex frowned.

"I'm still bigger than you."

Had he always been that pale?

"I have my ways-"

"Enough." Vain sighed, shifting my cage higher up into his arms. "You two can be stupid together later."

"But I want to be stupid now," I whined.

"Quiet Maddison." He breathed to me. "Bringing up photography is only going to backfire on you."

Despite Vain speaking quietly, Alex heard every word, causing a sinister grin to cross his face.

I froze at the horrifying realisation.

I had provoked the son of Cassandra Floid.

The woman's who's a creepy hobby it is to dress people up in weird outfits and humiliate them.

It was in his blood.

I was doomed.

" I am my own downfall." I grieved, curling up on the floor of my cage.

Alex scoffed, and Vain sighed in agreement, but Nigel gave me an earnest smile.

"Don't give up Maddison."

Surprised by the encouragement, I gave him a hopeful look.

"You won't let Alex take embarrassing pictures of me... right?"

I could always depend on Nigel to defend my honour...

".... "

" Nigel. "

".... Ri-"

"I'll share it." Alex's sweet promise fluttered down the stairs, seductive as chocolate.

Nigel blanched, fighting an inner battle... And loosing horribly.

Until he glanced guiltily away from me and caught a glimpse of Vain's expression.

Is it just me... Or did the room just get a little darker...

Nigel immediately backed away, hands raised in self-defence.

"I won't! I promise!"

Vain hummed neutrally.

"Glad to hear it."

I glanced up to try and see what had Nigel so spooked, but by the time I looked Vain had schooled his expression into calm disinterest.

With Nigel cowed, the pale boy turned to regard Alex, who was leaning against the wall in a way that was almost too casual.