Chapter 20

Omniscient

"Baybeh you okay? What wrong? What happen, did you and your ma get into it again" Kyon asked as soon as he sat in Liza's car.

"No" she answered with a whisper, her voice hoarse from all the crying.

"Then what's up"

Liza called Kyon crying telling him they had to meet up somewhere. He wasted no time meeting her by the lake anxious to know what happened to his babygirl. They sat in her car in silence as he waited for her to speak but she kept wiping falling tears.

"Love I can't help you if you don't tell me" he said softy taking her hand. She however remained quiet and slowly laced her fingers with his, she looked up at him allowing him to see her face. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at him knowing this won't end well.

She slowly broke down resting her face in her hands he immediately grabbed her hands trying to get her to face him, he true talking but her sobs were too loud.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do" she cried.

"Babygirl you scarin' me"

She cried harder and sat up going into the glove compartment, she pulled out a bag and dropped it in his lap. Confused, he opened the bag and reached inside and pulled out one of the ten sticks.

His eyes widen as looked at all the pregnancy test she took which all had a plus sign. He rubbed his hand over his face and looked at her.

"Are these yours?"

"Why the fuck would I give you someone else's pregnancy test?"

"Are you sure these are even right?"

"Kyon I took ten fucking test they all came back positive"

"You not plannin' on keepin' it right?"

"Excuse me?! Are you serious?"

"Hell yeah I'm serious we ain't ready for no kids!"

"But you ready to do what gives you kids right"

"Listen, we both young and shit. We can't manage this, we not even allowed to speak to each other how the fuck we gon do this?"

"By stepping up and making the necessary changes and adjustments to get it right. If I have to get two afterschool jobs to take care of my child then I will"

"That's the next thing, we got these exams in two days I should be-we should be home studyin' right now. When college comes you think it's gonna be easy"