I'll Be Back

Alex P.O.V

My eyelids felt heavy and I wanted nothing more than to go back into that state of unconsciousness where it was nice and dark; nothing hurt, nothing bothered me, I was at peace with myself. But of course, I get torn away from that sense of tranquility and get mercilessly thrown into nothing but a world of pain. My head throbbed, the pain increasing with each throb. A moan escaped me and one of the, I'm assuming it was a nurse or doctor, shouted, "He's gaining consciousness!"  

Against my better judgment, I opened my eyes and blinked furiously as the blinding light beat down at me. God, why were these lights so bright? I felt someone slightly shake me and I turned my head towards the figure. Big mistake. My head began to spin and the pain increased. "Don't move." The voice urged. Yeah, I thought bitterly, why didn't you tell that me earlier. 

Something pricked my skin and a cold liquid rushed into my veins, probably morphine because the pain immediately subsided. "Everything is going to be alright, kid." I heard one of the medical team nurses say, trying to cheer me up but failing. Yeah, right, as if that's the first time I've heard someone say that to me with false promise. I mentally winced as the day I was taken away flashed through my mind. 

"Okay kid, we're going to knock you out." One of them said before something else pricked my skin and blackness immediately infringed onto my field of vision, getting narrower and narrower until nothing was left. 

~*~

Fawn P.O.V

I looked up at the ceiling and traced the symmetrical pattern with my eyes, blocking out all the noise around me. Alex,Alex, Alex. My mind raced. "Alex." I whispered and one of the nurses looked at me with pity in her eyes as a tear slid down my cheek. "He will be fine. He's being taken care of by one of the best doctors in the state." My eyes immediately shot to her, analyzing her round, chubby face and the look of pity she gave me. Anger suddenly bubbled in me and I narrowed my eyes at her; I didn't want her pity. Startled by my gaze, she quickly went back to tending to my leg. For once I didn't care about myself. I just wanted to see Alex, but I was stuck here, completely useless.

~*~

Alex P.O.V

Someone was stroking and playing with my hair. Mmm... that felt nice. It was the only pleasant feeling throughout my body and I tried to focus on it. Suddenly, the movement stopped and I grimaced. 

"Wake up you idiot." Someone whispered and my grimace turned into a frown. Well hello to you too.

This said person sighed and I opened my eyes a crack to see who it was. A girl rested her head on her arms beside me. I slowly turned onto my side and her head snapped up, looking at me with big doe eyes. I smiled weakly at her as a huge grin spread across her face. 

"You're awake!!" She exclaimed happily, wrapping her arms around me in an affectionate hug while also minding my injuries. I blushed as the girl gave me a squeeze before pulling back and I took note of her face. She had pretty, large, hazel eyes and her auburn hair curled around the sides of her face. She was extremely beautiful. I frowned again when I saw cuts and bruises on her face. She must be a patient here, I wonder what her story is.

"Well hi." I said, grinning up at her. "I'm Alex. And you are...?" Her eyes widened and a confused expression washed over her face. "Er..what?" She asked.

"My name is Alex. What is your name?" I repeated a little bit louder, maybe she hadn't heard me.

The look of confusion didn't disappear from her beautiful face. "Alex... wha- this isn't funny." She said angrily, looking at me crossly, and this time, it was my turn to be confused.