Part 21

Sophia Smith nearly jumped out of her skin as the door of the warehouse opened just a little while later, her father having arrived back from the short drive to West London; Sophia seeing some black bags in his hand. However, as he came in, he was looking around – and Sophia knew exactly why.

He didn't see little Sophia...

"Where's the kid?" he asked.

"I took care of her; like you said – sometimes you have to do things to get what you want, right?" she feigned a smile, shrugging her shoulders as she walked over to him. Joe Smith smiled widely, coming over and stroking his hand under her chin.

"That a girl; good job," he smirked. "Now where's the body?"

"I dumped it; stronger than I look – well she's only a kid so obviously she's not that heavy but I dumped her in the dumpster down the road a bit," Sophia expertly lied as she tried to ignore the sick feeling in her stomach, "Nobody can find her, especially with the way the bag looked – it just looks like normal garbage."

"Ah that's a good girl." Joe replied, nudging her. Sophia nodded her head before nodding her head towards the bags.

"What's in those?" she asked.

"Two million pounds all together; maybe I should've told you to not kill the kid but oh well it's done now." He shrugged. Sophia's eyes went wide for a second but she quickly regained control of herself, swallowing and nodding her head.

"Ah well." She simply shrugged.

And she was grateful that her father had his back to the door so he couldn't see that Cheryl was walking up to the door; t-shirt on, jeans, and her hair up in a ponytail – along with a face like thunder.

"Daddy, what will you tell the police though if they find Sophia and stuff? I don't think they will, but there's a possibility?" she wondered.

"Simple; I'll just make everyone believe that Liam did it," Joe chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders, "He's already got all those charges under his belt and only we know the truth; so who's the real winner here?"

"But Daddy, do you really think they'll believe he murdered the child of his attorney?" Sophia continued to ask.

"They might do; we can build a big enough case – use that little lie you made up where you said he assaulted and stalked you, and we can get Carter and Adam in on it; it'll be all good." Joe replied, chuckling away to himself.

And suddenly, the sound of clapping sounded from behind him, prompting him to turn around quickly, a look of shock coming across his face straight away...

There was Cheryl, standing there, staring him in the face as she clapped away...

"Very good plan there, Joe; I gotta give it to you – you can come up with a good plan when need be." she smirked as she walked around him to stand beside Sophia; Sophia looking over her father's shoulders and seeing Liam now standing behind him, blocking the door way.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked, only to gasp when he looked back and noticed that Liam was standing there.

"Payne, what are you doing here?" he asked. Liam shrugged his shoulders, smirking at him.

"I'm just here to watch the show, but nice to know yous are thinking of me so much that you want to blame me for something – that's great." He chuckled. Joe simply smirked back before chuckling, looking between him and Cheryl with a smirk on his lips.

"Oh look at this, you two coming to rescue little Sophia," he spoke in a mocking voice before continuing, "She's not here."

"She's not?" Cheryl asked with a raised eyebrow.