Part 10

Later in the night after they'd gotten home and gotten changed into some pajamas, Sophia went straight to bed as she was quite tired while Cheryl stayed downstairs, working on some other things and going over notes as she had court in the morning. She was trying to focus as best she could on the notes, but for some reason, all she kept thinking about was Liam.

His handsome face. The puppy dog eyes. His nice facial hair that gave him that masculine touch that made Cheryl feel at ease and safe. His muscular arms that she'd noticed in his t-shirt today when he'd taken his jacket off. The loads of tattoos that gave him that edgy look that Cheryl loved as even she had a couple tattoos herself despite being a lawyer. She just kept thinking about everything about him...

She loved the way he spoke about things and how he thought about them, it being clear that even though he was only 22 years old, he clearly had an old soul and was much more grown up for his age – Liam acting even more mature than her own ex-husband had ever acted and he was 35. She also kept thinking about how he interacted so well with Sophia; pulling funny faces with her and telling jokes that made Sophia crack up laughing, how Sophia just chatted his ear off and was fast becoming best friends.

She was thinking about everything to do with Liam Payne...

She knew she shouldn't be thinking that much about him. He was her client after all; she had to keep things professional between them. However, there was something about him that made her feel so comfortable and at ease. He was a sweet, kind, helpful young man with a heart of gold – he was a man that Cheryl had always wanted in her life.

And she could already see from how he looked at her that he was starting to feel the same way about her – despite them only meeting a handful of times...

She sighed out and pushed her notes aside before standing up and going through to the kitchen. The dogs followed down behind her, tottering around at her feet as they were well happy to see her as usual – the two of them having spent the day at Nicola's house being watched by Nicola's sister, Frankie, who worked from home and had no problem watching the dogs as she absolutely adored them.

"What are you two after man?" she giggled, crouching down and giving them a stroke. She grabbed some treats and put them in their bowls; the two dogs diving in straight away while Cheryl simply laughed as she put the treats away. She then grabbed a wine glass and poured herself some wine before then returning to the living room, curling up on the sofa and flicking through the TV channels to try and clear her mind from work for a bit.

Whilst she had randomly began watching an old episode of Jerry Springer – which was her guilty pleasure as she loved "trashy TV", her gold iPhone buzzed to life on the table. She reached over and grabbed it from the table as a new message from an unknown number had come through. She smiled to herself as she unlocked her phone, figuring that it most likely was Liam.

<<Unknown: 8:22pm – Hey Cheryl! It's Liam; I mean to text you a bit ago but got caught up watching TV with the fam lol my mum and dad say a massive thank you for helping me as well, and so do my sisters! The Paynes are totally thankful for you over here ;) lol Also, really enjoyed dinner with you and Sophia tonight; was so much fun! I hope you're having a nice chilled out evening as well; and thank you again! (:>>

Cheryl couldn't help but giggle slightly at Liam's sweet message, finding it so lovely that he text her saying thank you yet again even though he'd done it a million times. It just showed how truly grateful he was for all her help; it making her smile as it was rare that a client would thank her so much and hardly anything had begun yet. She quickly saved his number into her phone before responding to his message.