Part 5

"Cheryl!"

"Oh my fucking God." Cheryl mumbled to herself as she stopped in her tracks, having heard someone call her name whilst she'd been on her way back to her office. It had been an incredibly long day since she'd arrived around nine that morning. She'd had a case at nine-thirty – which she and her client had successfully won without much effort – but the rest of the day had consisted of meetings that she and her other good friend and fellow attorney, Kimberley Walsh, as well as a few other lawyers from another firm; Attorney Tre Holloway, Attorney Melanie Brown, and Attorney Jason Bell; had been working on together. Those meetings had lasted for a majority of the afternoon as there were a lot of notes to discuss, all of them wanting the best thing possible for their client but all of them also knowing how difficult things were going to be and just wanted to be on top of their game. The meetings had gone well, but now Cheryl was tired and just wanted to go have a nap even though that was completely impossible.

"What?" she sighed as she turned around to address Lily who was looking back at her.

"You have a call on line one." She replied. Cheryl gave her a thumbs up before disappearing into her office. She immediately went over to the desk, picking up the phone and pressing the button.

"Good afternoon; Attorney Cole speaking – how may I help you?"

And straight away, she had to smile as she heard a familiar little voice...

"Hi Mammy!"

"Well hello my little lady," she giggled as she sat down, "How are you? How was nursery today?"

"I'm really good, and today was so much fun, Mammy," Sophia began chatting nine to the dozen,

"We telled each other our names, Mammy; and I made two new friends – one called Kayleigh and another called Jess. We painted pictures too but Ms. Karen said they have to dry first so we can take them home tomorrow, and then Miss Ruth and Miss Nicola are so nice too and Miss Nicola is really funny like Auntie Nic Nic! Mammy, I saw'd the nice man that helped us yesterday too – his name is Liam and Ms. Karen is his mammy; he's so nice, he bring'd the painting stuff too; and, and I played with lots of toys today too and then it was time for us to go so then I said bye to Ms. Karen and Miss Nicola and Miss Ruth because Auntie Sarah was waiting for me, and now I'm at Auntie Sarah's house. She's making lunch for us now but she said I could call you and give'd me the number for your work!"

Cheryl's face actually turned a light shade of red as she listened to her daughter just chat away, it taking all of her effort to not start laughing at how adorable Sophia's little accent was. She composed herself before speaking, but she couldn't deny the calming feeling that was taking over her now that she was speaking to her little girl.

"And breathe," she smirked before continuing, "I'm so glad you had a good day though, I've been thinking of ya all morning. I miss you and I can't wait until I finish so I can come see you."

"I miss you too, Mammy; but I'll see you soon silly sausage – hurry up and finish," Sophia giggled before asking, "Did you win the case today?"

"Yes I did, babe; I won this morning and I've been working on another one as well, so guess who I got to see today?" Cheryl replied, not even thinking about how much work she still had to do as she was enjoying speaking to her daughter.

"Hmm, let me think," Sophia pretended to think before she continued, "You got to see Auntie Kimba, and Mr. Tre, and Miss Melanie, and Mr. Jason today because you guys are working on a big case together right?"

"That's right babe, and they were all asking about you as well," Cheryl was talking as she noticed Nicola standing in the doorway; "Uh, Soph, I'm gonna have to go baby – but I'll see you in a few hours and I love you more than there's stars in the sky."