Best Night Ever

"Henley please just get out of the car," pleads Rhett, as he latches onto my arm and attempts to pull me out of the vehicle.

"Everyone's going to stare," I whine, slumping down in my seat, not budging.

"They probably won't even know. You haven't even told Violet yet," he groans, dropping my arm with a huff.

"Oh trust me. They'll know. This is hot, new gossip, and gossip is like catnip to these people. They can smell it from a mile away," I insist.

"Well then, who cares? Let them stare," he says patiently and gently, as if he's trying to convince a four-year-old to share their toys.

"Do we really have to do this," I sigh.

"Yes. We do," he chuckles. "It'll be fun. I promise."

"Ok," I huff reluctantly as I step out into the dimly lit parking lot.

"Good girl," he says, kissing the top of my head and making me turn beat red. I am so not used to this couple stuff, which is to be expected I guess. We've only been dating for a little over twenty four hours.

So far it's been very fun, a little awkward, and completely exhilarating. My heart hasn't stopped fluttering since that first night in the park. Dating has been pretty darn fun so far.

After our breakfast date, we went to the arcade and played games until it was lunch time. We each won a ton of tickets, but we didn't end up spending them. We gave them all to an adorable little girl instead. She had only managed to rack up a small amount of tickets, but she was looking at the bigger prizes with stars in her eyes.

Rhett went up and handed them to her and she wrapped her tiny arms around his calf in the most adorable hug I'd ever seen. I wish I had taken a picture. They looked like an advertisement for parenthood.

After that Rhett wanted to go grab pizza for dinner, but my stomach was still reeling from our gross, sugary pancake adventure. So instead we traveled over to Jason's deli to get some real food.

While we were there, some lady ran into the brick wall of the restaurant, resulting in a loud, booming crash, and scaring Rhett and me half to death. Although, he was definitely ten times more shaken than I was.

When it happened he jumped up with his hands flailing in a defensive stance, ready to run kicking and screaming out the door.

After he found out it was just some middle-aged mom who got distracted by her toddlers (who were all fine by the way) and mistook the gas for the breaks, he collapsed back down in his chair, sitting on his hands in a failed attempt to hide that they were shaking. Needless to say, I didn't let him live it down for the rest of the day. I kept calling him, Rhett the Ninja warrior; Protector Against Soccer Moms Everywhere.

He eventually got angry and said he would kiss me if I didn't shut up, which worked well. The bastard knew how to push all the right buttons.

I know kissing is inevitable, considering we're dating, but I'm kind of freaking out about it. I have absolutely no clue how the mechanics behind it is supposed to work.

I remember Violet telling me once as what she called a "precaution" to make sure you don't just pucker. You apparently have to open your mouth, which seems weird.