Even If You Are an Arrogant Little Mush ball

"Ok, class. Today y'all will be starting a project over the effects of media on presidential campaigns, and yes, before you ask, you can work with partners."

"Actual work," I whisper to Rhett as soon as Mrs. Hopper returns to her desk. "I was beginning to think she forgot she was a teacher."

Rhett chuckles lightly, making me smile.

"So, do you wanna be partners?" He asks.

"Why not," I shrug. "Only, I'm not doing all the work. You have to help."

"You think so little of me," he rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"When do you want to meet up?" I ask, ignoring his last statement. "It's due Thursday so that means we've got three days including today."

"How about tonight?"

"Sounds good. My house?"

He hesitates, an almost pained look crossing his face. I wonder what I said for a moment before realizing that he dosent want to come to my house, and I think I know why.

"You're still afraid of my dad,"I gasp, covering my mouth in shock.

"I am not," he protests stubbornly.

"Are too," I smirk, enjoying this immensely.

"He had a gun," he groans.

"Rhett, you know we were kidding. Right?" I laugh.

"Yes, I do, but I would like to avoid any similar situations. Kidding or not, it was no fun."

"Fine," I sigh. "Were do you want to meet?"

"We could go to my house," he suggests.

"Alright, just text me the address."

We work on the project until the bell rings and then step out into the halway.

"Don't forget, and don't show up late," he warns me.

"I won't," I scoff.

"Mhm," he shakes his head at me, and tries to hide his grin.

"What does that mean?" I ask as I smack him on the arm, probably a bit too hard.

"Sweetheart, you are always late, and Violet reminded you about the physics homework five times last week and you still forgot it."

"You suck."

"Please, you can't get enough of me," he teases, flashing me his pearly white teeth. Dang, he must use whitening toothpaste. He probably flosses too. Why don't I floss?

"I think I just did," I say, speeding up to try and get away from him.

"Whoah. Slow your roll there missy," he says, grabbing my hand and stoping me in the middle of the hall.

"I'm just kidding, you know that right?"

"Yes, Rhett. I know," I roll my eyes. Did he really think that he hurt my feelings? Maybe I need to work on being a bit less touchy.

"I mean besides the part about you always being late and forgetful, that I meant."

"So you basically meant all of it."

"Hm," he mutters, pretending to think about it. "Hey, I guess I did."

"You're really funny. You know that?" I ask sarcastically, shaking my head, not bothering to hide the smile on my face.

"Not half as funny as you."

"You got that right," I laugh. "Now get to class," I say, giving him a shove away from me and towards his classroom.