Chapter 11 : Scared to punch

Chapter 11       

Riker POV

I tried getting the lock off of Ross's cage, but I couldn't get it.

Suddenly, the door opened. I saw Zoey's brother, Chris. He had food.

"Nice try, Riker. Trying to get us busted by the cops. But we shot and killed all of them. And now we have both you and Ross. Aren't you stupid?"

He put the food and water on the ground, and then left. There was only food for one person. I picked it up, and then sat down next to Ross's cage again.

I had a sandwich and a bottle of water. I gave half the sandwich to Ross.

"Riker, you need to do something," Ross said, quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"You need to hide behind the door so when someone comes down, you can punch them and knock them out, get the keys, and get us out of here."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Riker, you have to. They're going to kill us."

I cringed.

"No... I just can't!"

"Riker, you have to. I know you're scared of a lot of stupid crap like spiders and the dark, but I need you to do this so we can get out before they kill us. You are literally going to be the reason we die if you don't try to get the keys."

I sighed.

"Fine... But if I kill him, it better be on your conscience."

"Whatever."

I stood up, and walked over to the door. I started shouting that I needed to talk to someone. I hid behind the door.

Ross POV

My heart was beating so fast. Come on, Riker. You got this.

The door opened. Riker went completely pale, and froze there.

"What do you want?" Chris asked.

"U-um... I um... W-we... N-nevermind..."

He left, and slammed the door.

Riker shrunk down to the floor.

"Riker, what was that!? Why didn't you hit him!?"

"I can't do it, Ross! I just can't!"

He started crying.

"Riker, come on. Seriously. If I could do this for you, I would. But I can't. You need to do this. Please."

He covered his face with his hands. I felt so bad but also so angry at the same time. He just needs to get over it, and do it.

"Riker-"

"I can't do it!"

"Please stop crying."

He stood up, and wiped his cheeks off.

"Riker, you don't need to kill him. Just knock him out."