Chapter 3 : Unlocked

A/N : You guys probably already know this... But Riker's in a movie called Colossal Youth. And the film needs help being funded. It's about 30% there. And there's a deadline. By donating, you can get certain rewards like posters with Riker on it. So go help support his movie!!! You can copy the link to get to the page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottleisk/colossal-youth-feature-film-finishing-funds/posts/1673277

Chapter 3

Morning...

Rydel POV

There was no security camera footage. Nobody reported seeing my brother. And we're not going to Texas.

The police don't have any leads right now. But they said that if my brother was kidnapped, there would probably be a ransom video posted in the next few days. Unless he was taken by a crazy fangirl and all she wants is Riker, not money.

We postponed the show, but we didn't tell everyone that Riker was kidnapped. We sort of want to keep this on the down low for right now, and not worry everyone. Hopefully he'll just randomly show up at our bus, and we'll go to Texas, and everything will be great.

Riker POV

I barely got any sleep last night. I usually shower before I sleep, and not showering threw me completely off. I kept waking up all throughout the night.

I sat up straight, and stretched as best as I could with one hand still stuck to the bars on the bed. The bed had this headboard type thing. And it was all metal bars.

I heard a lock, and I looked towards the door. I quickly laid down again, and pretended I was asleep. I opened my eyes just a tiny bit, and watched the door open. A girl, probably the same one I heard last night, walked in, carrying a tray. And she walked over to me.

I jumped up, and grabbed her wrist, making her scream a little.

"Please don't hurt me, Riker!" The girl said, obviously nervous.

"Wait. How do you know my name?"

"I know R5."

"Oh... Why would you think I would hurt you? I'm not like that," I said, releasing her wrist.

"Um... Because you grabbed me!"

"Sorry... Please can you just let me go? I'm supposed to be in Texas right now."

"I'm sorry. I can't do that. But I can give you some breakfast."

She handed me the tray. It had a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice. I put it on the bed.

"Thank you," I said, feeling a little embarrassed of how I acted.

She gave me a small smile, and walked towards the door.

"Wait! Um... You know my name. What's yours?" I asked.

"Zoey. And my brothers are Chris and Mike. They're the ones that kidnapped you."

"Ok..."

Zoey left, locking the door behind her. I ate my cereal. It was kind of weird to me that she knew me. Like, obviously her brothers knew me too, because they kidnapped me. But from what she said, it sort of sounded like she was a fan. And maybe I can use that to my advantage...

Later...

Riker POV

Chris had installed a small doggy door in the door to my room. He said it was so nobody had to come in here with me. They could just put the food through the door. And apparently when I have to go to the bathroom, unhandcuffing me, and walking me to the bathroom is a threat to them because I could potentially try to escape. So I don't have handcuffs anymore. I'm free to walk around the basement bedroom. And no, I can't fit through the doggy door. I sort of... tried...

The door suddenly flew open, making me jump. It was Chris, Mike, and Zoey. Mike had a camera.

"Sit up. We're making a ransom video. We need a picture of you," Mike said.

I sat up. At least this is progress. Maybe I'll get to go home soon...

I wasn't smiling when he took the picture. I was actually so close to crying. But I just had to hold it together.

Mike and Chris left. Zoey locked the door, but stayed down here with me.

"So um... I thought maybe I'd tell you what they're going to do," Zoey said sitting down on the end of my bed.

I just nodded a little.

"Just please don't hurt me. They'll hear me scream."

"I'm not going to hurt you, Zoey. I would never hurt you. I mean... I can't fight a girl, and be ok with that. I don't want anything on my conscience. And I don't like hurting people. I'm not like that."

"Ok... Well um... Chris and Mike are making the video. They're going to put it on a thumb drive, and upload it from the library, so they can't be traced."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because... Look, Riker. I'm not involved in this whole thing because I want to be. They're my brothers, and if I don't help them, they're going to blackmail me. I don't know if I'd get sent to jail, or just get kicked out of college. But I don't have money if I get kicked out of college. I need this scholarship, and I can't lose it. So... if we do get caught doing this... I was just sort of hoping maybe you'd tell them not to punish me. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to, Riker. I like R5, and I know you guys are nice people... And I'm sorry this happened to you."

I sighed. Wow...

"Um... Well... Can you tell me about the video?" I asked.

"Yeah... I'm not sure what they're going to say or where they're going to film it, but they want $500,000 for you. And they're not lowering the price. They won't let you go until they have the money."

My heart started racing.

"Zoey, my family isn't going to pay that. I know it already. I'm going to be stuck here forever!"

"Unless the police catch them."

"Do you want them to catch your brothers?"

"Well... No... They're family. But I just don't want to get in trouble. I know that's a lot to ask, but this isn't my fault."

"Then what did you do that you could get kicked out of college and go to jail for?"

Zoey sighed.

"My ex changed mine and his grades in the college computer. He's a hacker."

"Oh... Wow..."

"Yeah. I could get in big trouble, and probably kicked out."

"But didn't he do it? Not you?"

"Well yeah, but I was there with him. I feel like that's the same thing."

"Oh... Well I don't know... Maybe..."

I wasn't going to tell her whether or not I'd "keep her safe" from the police if they were caught. I sort of felt sympathetic, but then again... Her brothers are my kidnappers. And that kind of... gives me not good feelings towards her. I'm going to wait and see how I'm treated, and then make my decision.

"Well... I should probably go," Zoey said, standing up.

"Ok..."

"I'll be back in a little while with your lunch."

"What's for lunch?"

"I think a sandwich. And maybe some chips too."

"Ok."

Zoey left. She was actually really nice. And my heart was telling me to feel bad for her. But my brain was shouting at my heart to shut up. But I can't help that I feel bad for her! I'm just the kind of person who feels sympathetic towards like everyone! And Zoey was kind of attractive, not going to lie... She was cute, and she just seemed like a sad puppy who was going to get in trouble if it misbehaved, aka being blackmailed by her brothers. I just don't know what to do. I want to go home!