Chapter 6 : A plan to leave?

Chapter 6

A few days later...

Zoey POV

Riker and I had spent some time getting to know each other. I mean, I sort of knew who he was already, but he didn't know anything about me, other than my brothers kidnapped him.

He was even more of a sweetheart than I thought he was. I knew how he was when he was on camera or performing shows, but I got to see what he was like when no one was watching.

I was bringing Riker some dinner right now.

I unlocked the door. Riker was sitting on his bed. I locked the door, and brought his food over to him. He had a hamburger and some french fries.

"So um... You're on the news," I said, sitting down on the end of his bed.

"What?"

"It's just that you're missing and stuff. But it doesn't seem like the police want people to know about the ransom video."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. My brothers are a little concerned. Um... They're making another video saying um..."

"Saying what?"

"Um... I-if they don't get the money in the next 2 weeks... Um... Y-you're..."

"What!?"

"W-well... T-they're going to uh... k-kill you?"

"What!?"

I nodded.

"But I didn't do anything wrong! T-they can't kill me!"

Riker's hands started to shake. He looked so upset and nervous. But who could blame him?

"Riker, I'm sorry."

He brought his hands up to cover his mouth. His fingers were shaking so badly. He looked terrified.

I wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same. He was shaking in my arms, so I started rubbing his back.

"What if my parents don't pay the money?" He whispered.

"Don't you think they will?"

"No... I think they want the police to do it."

Riker curled into a ball, and then pulled the covers over his head.

"Riker, I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Zoey, please. If there was any time that I need you to let me go, it's now! They'll kill me! There will be no more R5! So many people would be upset! And me too! I don't want to die!"

I sighed.

"Look, Riker. My brothers are going out to a party tomorrow night. Maybe we can figure something out for then. But for right now, you need to keep this on the down low. I wasn't supposed to tell you they were planning on killing you."

"Ok, I'll be quiet... But just promise me you'll get me out before they kill me."

"I promise you won't die, ok?"

"Ok. Thanks..."

He sat up, and I noticed he was still shaking slightly.

"Are you going to be ok?" I asked.

"Maybe... If you get me out of here..."

"Do you want me to stay here?"

"Yes, please..." He whispered.

"Ok."

"You know... I could probably get your keys right now if I really wanted to..."

"Riker, stop."

"I'm not going to do anything. I'm just saying, I could probably get your keys and then leave if I really wanted."

"Riker-"

"Stop, I'm not going to do anything."

"I was just going to say stop threatening me. Or maybe I'll tell my brothers."

"Please don't."

"Then stop."

"Ok..."

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, wake up."

I opened my eyes. Zoey was standing over me.

"Huh?"

"My brothers are at the store right now."

"Can I go!?"

"No! I just wanted to talk about the plan for tomorrow so they can't hear us."

"Oh..."

"They're going to a party. We can mess up the room a little to make it look like a fight happened between us, and then you'll leave, ok?"

"Ok. Are you coming with me?"

"No. I can't. They'll know I helped you."

"But I like you... A lot..."

"Riker, I know you're used to getting everything you want because you're a rockstar, but-"

"No! I'm not like that! I don't get everything I want! But I really want you!"

"Riker..."

"So that's it? We're not going to give us a chance?"

"Riker, I can't. My brothers-"

"Will go to jail! I'll go to the police! They'll go to jail, ok? Can't you come with me? Please?"

"No, Riker."

I sighed, frustrated.

"This isn't fair," I said, looking at the floor.

"Life isn't fair. Get used to it."

I pulled the covers over my face. I'm done with this conversation...