An ounce of trauma

What? I asked again. The doctor came in right after. I have never known a person with the worst timing than her. She flashed me a smile and walked to my side.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The next day witnessed the beginning of the next phase of horror in my life. I had been discharged from the hospital that morning. The previous night I was given pills to induce sleep as I couldn't sleep on my own. She however told my mum why she wouldn't give me more pills after my discharge. She told my mum I would recover soon as I opened up about my feelings when we talked. She informed my mum my need to have sessions with a psychologist.

I got home around afternoon and I went to my room immediately. I took my bath, made ablution and prayed my Salah. I poured out my mind to my Rabb for the first time since the incident. Every time an image appeared before my eyes, I pushed it out and it caused me headaches. I cried during my sujud and after my salah. I made my nawafils (voluntary salah).  I prayed for strength and fortitude to bear my pain. I prayed for my mum and for my brother. I made a special dua of protection and guidance for my father. Prayer as commonly said is our strength.
I made the dua the Prophet recommended for when calamities befall a Muslim

"We are from Allah and unto Him we return. Oh Allah, take me out of my plight  and bring to me after it something better"

Relief was what I felt for a while. I brought out my Qur'an and recited verses where Allah says he will test the believers

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 2:
أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوا أَن يَقُولُوا آمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, 'We believe', and not be tried?

I cried upon reading this and told my Lord ''I know this is a test but this is so painful Allah. Please make me bear it with utmost faith in you. Do not let me transgress out of the boundaries of islam.

I read another verse which reads

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 156:
الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ قَالُوا إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Who, when a misfortune befalls them, say: Surely we are Allah's and to Him we shall surely return.
I read the prayer all over again amidst tears and fell asleep on the prayer mat.

😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

I just slept on my own. Alhamdulillah. I had a terrible nightmare that was so scary I couldn't scream. When I woke up it was some minutes past 3. I went to the living room and my brother was seated on the couch watching a show on Peace Tv. I sat beside him, he put off the Tv and pulled me closer. We talked about dad again. He had promised to tell me the remaining part of the story when we got home.

He told me of how Krey's dad and my dad had been bestfriends while growing up. They were cousins. Yes, but more like friends. He made sure not to mention Krey's name as every mention of his name sent shivers down my spine and he could feel it. His dad's name was Mr Azib.  When dad started his clothing business, Mr Azib had a small scale wine business in the village.

They had schooled at University of Lagos with degrees in Business Administration. Dad warned him of how his business was haram (forbidden) in Islam but he didn't listen. Dad offered him  partnership in his business and requested him to go with him to Lagos. Mr Azib declined saying he couldn't leave his aged mother at the village all by herself which was a good reason.

Dad's business was thriving in Lagos and he decided to get married. He had met mum at a pharmacy store where he purchased analgesic pills monthly. Mum was an attendant at the Pharmacy. They got married within a year.

When Dad and mum had me, Muhsin was 4 years. We were already living in Abuja. Grandma insisted that I was taken to the village for the ceremony. It was not fair because I was still a baby and the journey was not safe for me so it was delayed till I was 21 days old.

When we got to the village as dad told me, Mr Azib was sick and couldn't work anymore. His mother was still alive but his wife had died during childbirth leaving him with 3 kids. His children were too young to continue his business but they were living off the kegs of wine he had left.
Dad promised to take care of his children if Allah took him away.

After about 5 yrs he died and dad decided to visit the village to carry out his promise. Dad met with Krey and his brothers. He noticed that they had expressions that screamed rage rather than sadness as their father just died.
Dad became suspicious of them and decided to ask from an old friend of his in the village. This man informed my dad that Krey and his brothers have for about 3 years now been terrorizing innocent villagers. Krey was 15 years then. The villagers had no idea what they could do.
My dad decided to act upon this and informed the nearest police station a bit far from the village but the nearest.

Krey was threatened by the Police men that they knew what he was up to  and would arrest him despite his age if he continued to act in that manner. A lot of villagers who witnessed this turned their backs on Krey and his siblings together with their aged grandma. He suffered a great deal being so young and had to shoulder those responsibilities.
But there is never a justification for evil.

Unknown to my dad the informant and Mr Azib were enemies and the man had lied. Krey swore to take revenge on this. It was when my Grandpa died that dad was informed of this.

Dad tried to make contact with him but he had already left the village. Dad knew that very soon disaster would strike which was why he had insisted that I left the village when I visited my Grandma. He didn't want us staying there for long as it wasn't safe. Tears began to form in my eyes. I couldn't hold them in and they escaped.

Thank you so much for reading my book. This chapter is the longest I have written. I hope you enjoyed it. Hugs and kisses
Please vote +comments. Thank you

Wazeera Sanni. M.