She Was.

You sat staring at the stars from your window, trying to pull at the memory threads hiding in your mind.
"You're still awake." His voice murmurs, making you look back to find him in your doorway. "I... I was actually going to crawl into bed with you... You alright?" He asks, coming in carefully.
"No.... I keep getting small glimpses of another life... I wish I could just pull the memories free... I feel them there, wiggling inside my head in a giant cluster... Perhaps my direction is in there? Because when I'm alone I feel so lost. Who am I.... or who was I? Who were my friends? My family? I know I had some, I can hear them calling to me, begging for me to remember them.... But I can't.... And that thought burns the most in my head... I just want to remember..." You hold your head.
Kid hugs you tightly from behind. "Just know, when they return I'll still be by your side... Even if you don't want to be with me." He breathes softly.
"Who's ___?" You ask him.
"That's you..." He murmurs.
"No... Before me... Who was she?" You look at him.
"She.... She was the sun on a cold day, keeping me warm. She was the lighthouse that lead me through the thickest of the fogs. She was my heart. Her smile was the light in my darkness. Her eyes were the map for my soul to follow.... I loved her so much, and she never knew it... I hope you don't feel like I named you to make you like her, because the day I met you, I felt like the sun had finally returned. I feel like you're everything I need now." He whispers, holding you tighter. "I love you."
Tears glinting like crystals fall from your eyes. Why did you feel both happy and sad? "I love you too Kid... I'll stay with you even after everything unravels..." You assure softly. He smiles and turns your face to him, kissing you lovingly. You kiss him back and cry sounds outside.
You both look out as a mutated boy runs into town, a bull mutant charging after him. Without thinking you open your window and jump out, landing behind the boy. You grasp for your gun but it's not on your hip. You curse your impulse and swiftly bring up your arms, grabbing its horns and digging your heel into the ground, sliding back slightly but stopping.
The bull tries to fight against your grip but nothing happened. You blink in slight confusion, why was it so weak? You shake your head and toss it to the side. It tumbles, swiftly getting up and shaking it's head, taking out a post easily. "Get inside." You tell the horned boy. He swiftly does so as the bull turn on you, pawing the ground. You get ready, crossing your arms to grab the opposite horn as it charges for you.
You catch it's horns and with one sharp movement you uncross your arms, hearing it's neck snap in response, collapsing in front of you. You drop the horns and step back in amazement. Were you this strong this whole time? Did that mean- "You're a mutant too." The boys voice makes you look back at the big eyed and blue nosed boy.
"Me....?" You murmur, looking at your hands.
"I knew you weren't normal... You're amazing all the way around." Kid breathes coming out and nearly giving the poor boy a heart attack. Kid pats his head reassuringly before coming over and kissing you.
"You're not... Alarmed?" You question.
"Of course not, I'm a mutant too... I'm actually relieved." He admits, metals drifting to his arms. You blink and relax.
"I take back what I said about mutants...." You smile before turning to the boy and kneeling down. "Are you okay little one?"
"I'm so happy I found others!" He bursts into tears running and hugging you. You instinctively hug him back.

"Hey... Do you think I'd be a good mom?"
"A mom? You want kids? How many?"
"Maybe two... A few years apart so the older one can look after the other and protect them..."
"... Two sounds good, I think you would be a great mom. You're already protective of kids in general... And you're so calm.... Do you think I'd be a good dad?"
"Yeah, I feel like you would spoil them and always be their protector too. And also their tormentor since you like to scare kids."
".... Yeah I would...."
"You're so cute.... I need to find a girlfriend so I don't feel bad leaving you alone when I'm with him..."
"Nah, I'm fine, I don't mind waiting for her.."
"You should look for your princess, poor thing could be up in a tree somewhere."
"Isn't that where I found you?"
".... Oh yeah...."

"___?" Kid's voice makes you blink back and look at the boy who looks up at you in concern.
"Don't worry little one, I'll protect you from now on." You vow. He blinks and tears up before hiding his face in your chest. You rub his back and look at Kid. "Do you think I'll be a good mom?" He pauses and swallows before offering a smile.
"Yeah, you'll make a great mom, ___," He breathes.