Memories

The building shook and an alarm sounds. You froze, getting low instinctively. "We're under attack, ___, can you man the gun over in that corner?" Mihawk questions with a point. You blink and look over at the gunner as the metal shutters open up.

"On it!" You reply running over and getting int the Gunner's seat. You pause as a similar image appears in your mind. For a few moments you blink at the morning light before shaking your head and aiming at the super mutants and releasing a storm of bullets on them. They soon fall down and you focus on the others that came over the wall.

"Why are they all coming here!?" Kid calls.

"Someone must have lured them here... Come there's too many." Mihawk says heading down the hall. You blink, sharing a glance with Kid before following after him and Zoro. Mihawk uncovers a hatch under the main rug, swiftly ushering you and the guys down the stairs before swiftly following and closing the door. You blink, reaching the bottom of the stairs before he turned on the lights.

"How did you get down there so fast?" Kid huffs joining you.

"I could see the stairs." You shrug before looking down the underground passage. "Should we have grabbed something's before coming down here?" You ask Mihawk as he takes the lead.

"There's a reason I had you put your things in the kitchen pantry when you arrived." He answers going right when the passage way forked. He leads you all into a well equipped room, pressing a button that sat beside the door.

"I'm sorry about your place..." You tell him with a frown. He looks over at you for a few moments before sighing.

"Oh well, I was planning on moving anyway..." He says, opening the door to show that the pantry had been lowered to this floor. Zoro grabs his swords and Kid grabs a gun and some ammo, passing you a box to load your gun. Mihawk fills a backpack with food and water before grabbing his sword as well.

"Come, this passage way is in the direction of your town." Mihawk informs leading the way. You glance around as you follow him down another passage. Halfway through the power shuts off. Kid and Zoro pause at that. You grab their hands and lead the way after Mihawk who was already moving on.

"What a shame, this place is awesome." You sigh.

"I did enjoy it while it lasted... I think I'll find another place to the east." Mihawk rumbles.

"That sounds nice actually... The winter will return there soon and it's really pretty when-" You break off as images of snow and people laughing take over for a moment.

"___? You okay?" Kid asks carefully. You shake your head.

"Yeah. I think my memories are trying to come back.... Or I'm going crazy and imagining things." You shrug with a hum as you turn into another passage after Mihawk. A crashing noise sounds behind you and you pause glancing back with the guys.

"We must hurry." Mihawk tells you speeding up. You swiftly go after him, breaking into a run as he does. The crashing growing louder. You pull the guys down another passage, seeing a door at the end.

Mihawk opens the door and all of you rush out. Mihawk leads you all over the the plains briefly before stopping and pulling out a detonator, pressing the button as he looks back at his fortress as it blows up, shaking the ground and nearly knocking all of you back. "Adiós..."

"You okay Mihawk?" You ask carefully.

"I'll be fine... Let's get you all home." He says taking the lead.

Surprisingly, no mutants appeared during the two hour hike back to the base. Once the town was in view, Mihawk bid you all farewell before departing to travel north. Everyone was relieved when you, Zoro, and Kid came in. You had to admit, it was nice being back.

"Look at you, you're a mess again!" Nami giggles poking your nose.

"Come on, we girls get the bath house today." Robin winks as she pulls you along.

"Hm? Oh. Okay!" You smile at them. They lead you into the bathhouse and help you take off your shirt, looking at the fresh scars in your back in concern.

"___, why haven't you had these stitches removed?" Nami asks.

"What are you talking about? I just got them two days ago." You tell them trying to look at your back. The girls share a look at that.

"Never mind, we'll take them out now." Nami says, swiftly going out. You and the other sink into the warm water and relax.

"So, how was it being with Kid for two days?" Robin hums curiously. You blink and blush looking down at the bubbles.

"It was nice... He's great..." You murmur.

"You sure caught his attention. He doesn't normally take anyone with him." Koala comments. You shift and rub your cheek.

"I'm glad... For a moment I was worried that those kisses didn't mean anything..." You admit quietly.

"You and Kid kissed!? Aww that's so cute!" Nami gushes, making you jump. You look back at her and she smiles, taking out the stitches easily.

"Yeah... I haven't really had a chance to talk to him since last night with all the mutants and then following Mihawk back here..." You shrug.

"Well, I have no doubt he likes you. He did name you after his best friend." Vivi comments.

"Best friend?" You echo.

"Yeah, from what Killer said, Kid used to be in love with his best friend ___, but never got the chance to tell her because she was Law's girlfriend. Then the war hit... And she died during during the nuclear winter, they didn't want to stay in the shelter where she died so they left." Nami frowns. Your eyes widen slightly.

"___.... ___, please wake up... Please..."

"She's gone... This place is too cold, we can't stay here."

"We can't leave her! What if she comes back like-"

"She's not coming back.... We have to go." </i>

"___?" Nami asks carefully. You blink back, finding the girls watching you worriedly.

"Are you okay?" They ask.

"Yeah... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to phase out." You smile sheepishly.

"You didn't just phase out... You said not to leave you." Robin tells you.

"I.... I did?" You rub your temple trying to think.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and put you to bed." Nami says softly.