chapter five.

Sasuke's POV

Darn. I really thought that would work. Then again, I should've known. People always told me my acting was terrible.

Okay, this is just a bump in the road. No biggie. I just need to come up with something else.

"So, I don't know what that was but can we continue rehearsing for the auditions you said were next week?" Neji asked.

"Join the drama club if you want to act so bad." I said and headed towards the exit. I told Neji some bullshit about an audition and gave him a 'script', just so he could be a part of this plan. I couldn't tell him or Shikamaru about Naruto. But Shikamaru's smart, he probably sees that something's going on but he doesn't care enough to speak on it. Plus, it's probably really obvious anyway.

"Sasuke, don't forget about the meeting after school." Shikamaru said.

Shit, I nearly forgot. The damn higher ups, or the 'elites' of the junior and senior classes, have a meeting with us. Could this day get any worse?

The rest of the day was filled with nagging from Sakura and Ino. They both had their schedules rearranged and now they have most of their classes with me. I felt like I was going to go bald.

When it was time for dismissal, I groaned as the meeting popped in to my mind. I really just wanted to go home and plot my next plan to win over Naruto. The sooner I get this meeting over with, the better.

I went to the room that we usually met in, which was the computer room. This room was the biggest room in the school, with the exception of the gymnasium. It was had a bunch of computers in rows of ten and a smart board in the front of the room.

I looked around and saw that everyone was already here. Shikamaru and Neji were leaning against the wall, talking to each other. I was the head of this grade while Neji and Shikamaru were considered my 'underlings'. But they were still considered elite. Kiba is also one of them, but he hasn't been showing up to school lately.

Then, there was the juniors. There's Fuu, a short, innocent looking girl. She's nice until you get on her bad side. There's also Yugito, who's just a straight up bitch all the time. And Utakata, he's a quiet guy most of the time. Always looking calm and composed. They all call themselves 'advisors' instead of underlings.

And then there's the head of the junior class, Yagura. A small dude who's all innocent looking and shit but he's very malicious. He may not look like it but he has this thing for torturing people. So, whenever he fights, I think he gets off by hearing his opponent beg for mercy. Creepy. He's also extremely loyal to our 'king'.

Then came the seniors, the elite of the elite.  It consisted of Konan, Nagato, and my brother, Itachi. Konan was a very reserved person that always kept to herself. When it comes to the female population of the school, she's definitely at the top. Nagato was a total saint in my eyes. He never fought, and tried to resolve things by talking it out. He was the peacemaker. I honestly wonder why he's even doing this. Then, there's my brother, who was supposed to be the head but declined the position for some unknown reason. The three of them were known as the 'royal guards'.

Finally, there was the head of the seniors, the 'king' of the whole school, Yahiko. That bastard was always scheming. Always plotting something behind the scenes. You can never tell when he's lying or being genuine. He's a sneaky mastermind and also very cunning. The smile he always has on his face is very unnerving. He had brains and strength. He's truly terrifying.

Although, there were other people who worked below us as, I guess you could say 'soldiers', all of us made up what was known as 'The Council". We have so much power that not even the teachers and principal can stop us.

"You're late, Sasuke." Yugito snapped.

I groaned. "At least I actually came. These meetings are always a waste of time." Yugito glared at me then sat next to Fuu.

"Always nice to have you with us, Sasuke." Yahiko said with his usual smile. I just rolled my eyes, which made Yagura almost jump out his seat.

"Let's get down to business, people. Is it true that Kiba was pummeled by a transfer?" Fuu asked me and I nodded.

"That's not your call to make, Fuu. And Kiba was weak. Nothing more, nothing less." Yugito said, crossing her arms. "Why was he even recruited?"

"Sasuke recommended him." Fuu replied.

"That explains a lot." She grumbled.

I glared at her. "He kept nagging me about it. I did it to shut him up."

"Who is this transfer anyway?" Yugito asked

"Naruto Uzumaki. He attended middle school with us, but he was bullied and too weak to defend himself. Kiba was one of his bullies." Neji stated.

"So he went from being a defenseless victim to a person strong enough to defeat an elite in three years time?" Fuu asked.

"I guess so." I said.

"Plus, Naruto barely broke a sweat on Kiba. The fight was completely one-sided. He's not someone we should underestimate." Shikamaru added while yawning.

"Let me take care of him then," Yagura said while taking out a notebook with '1000 torture methods' on the front. He started to flip through it. "I think method 54 should do," he mumbled to himself.

"Fuck no. You're not torturing him." I said without thinking.

"Oh? And why not?" Yagura asked while smirking.

"Because Kiba started it." I said. Thank God for my quick thinking.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked

"It's Kiba's fault for starting the fight and losing." I replied in a 'duh' tone.

Right when Yagura was about say something, he was interrupted by Itachi.

"He's right." Itachi said. "Wether Kiba is really weak or Naruto is really strong doesn't matter right now. At the end of the day, Kiba challenged him and lost." Yagura groaned.

"I agree. It's on Kiba for starting a fight just to lose." Yahiko said. "No one touches Naruto. That's an order. In fact, leave him to me." Everyone was shocked at this statement.

"B-But Yahiko! He's definitely not worth your attention!" Yagura exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter. Whatever Yahiko says, goes." Konan said.

"B-But.."

"Yagura," Itachi's voice boomed as he glared at him, "It's final already."

Yagura made a loud gulping sound then finally shut up.

Yahiko still had that annoying smile smothered on his face. "Yes yes. Just leave Naruto to me. I'll take great care of him." He assured.

The small glint in his eyes that appears whenever he says Naruto's name makes me feel uneasy.

Whatever Yahiko says, goes. That statement is very true.

But I'll keep an eye out for Naruto just in case.

--------------------------

AN; VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!! (-: