Chapter 19: She's not okay

Depuis le début

Dinah not being fully conscious and tired is a bad mix. I don't think that Dinah really realized that Camila had laid down next to her and she went to throw a pillow at Camila and knocked the smaller girl off the bed.

Camila landed pretty hard and hitting her arm on the nightstand. "Dinah!" I yelled. Camila had started to cry and I looked at her arm.. oh shit. Her arm was broken and it was obvious. It looked bad, really bad. I had to keep her from looking at it because I knew that it would make her panic and maybe make her pass out.

I don't know how, but Dinah was still knocked out. I ran to Camila's side. "Shh.. baby, I got you. Come on." I said as I picked her up. She kept trying to look down at her arm. "Nonono baby look at me, don't look down.. look at me." I saw her trying to move her arm, "No, baby don't it'll hurt more." I cooed.

She buried her face in my neck and cried harder. I carried Camila into the hallway and then into my room. "We gotta get you in something warmer baby.." I said sympathetically. I needed to find something easy to get her in and out of. I found her a short sleeve sleeper. I sat her in front of me and carefully got her shirt off, trying to whisper soothing words to her because I knew it hurt.

I very gently pulled her arms through the sleeves before zipping up the sleeper. I grabbed a fluffy blanket, wrapping it around her and picking her back up. "Shhh... Do you want Ally to come?" Camila didn't answer, she just kept crying. "Baby.. baby girl, make yourself sick.." I whispered.

I had a feeling that I would need Ally to drive because I wasn't gonna just put Camila down. I carried Camila to Ally's room, knocking first. "Ally?" I called. "Yea Lo? Everything okay?" "Can you come and drive to the hospital please?" Ally immediately opened the door and threw her shoes on.

"What happened?" She asked as she rushed down the stairs and to the car. "Dinah fucking broke her arm in her sleep. I can't be mad at her because she was sleep, she still is, but damn.. you know what I mean?" Ally nodded. "Wait.. Dinah did? How?!" I sat down in the back, still holding Camila.

"She didn't notice that Camila had laid next to her and since Camila was trying to wake her up to see if she wanted to go to the zoo, because that's where we were going to go, and Dinah went to throw a pillow and knocked Camila off the bed into the nightstand and her arm hit it really hard and it's broken." I rambled.

"M..mommy o..ow" The realization that Camila had slipped back into her headspace hit me and I held her closer, rubbing her back. "Hey.. baby.. shhh. I got you.." I cooed. "Soo..Children's Hospital?" "Yea.. It'll scare her less." I said. I held her the whole way to the hospital and the poor kid never really stopped crying.

We pulled into the parking lot and got out. We checked in and didn't have to wait long, which I was glad for. The X-ray did show that her arm was broken pretty badly and she barely didn't need surgery.

Now it was just time for the cast. The whole process was gonna take a while, but we were willing to wait.

*time skip*

"Are you ready baby?" I asked Camzi. "M..mommy uhuh." Camzi cried as she tried to back away from the lady who was going to be putting her cast on her. "Come on sweetie, it's okay. It's gonna hurt but it will feel better later." Ally said kindly as she wiped away Camzi's tears.

Eventually, she did calm down and let the doctor put her cast on her. She'd chosen to get a yellow cast. "Close your eyes and it will be over before you know it, squeeze my finger if you need to baby." I told her and she did and believe me when I say, she might be an itty bitty lil thing, but she has a tight grip.

Once Camzi's cast was on, I tapped her gently. "Open your eyes baby, it's all done." She squinted one eye open before opening them both and sniffling, starting to smile a little, I smiled back at her, Ally and the doctor did too. "Hey, and guess what! Since you were sooo brave, you can pick ANY toy you want out of the chest and you I'll give you three free ice cream coupons since there's three of you. How does that sound?"