Chapter 19: She's not okay

Start from the beginning

I decided to stay quiet and listen to see if I could find her like that, because panicking definitely wasn't the best way to go about this. I heard a sniffle from nearby. Camila. I looked around before finding her in the closet with the blankets.

She was curled into a ball sobbing and trembling. "Baby.." I put a gentle hand on her shoulder, she flinched at my touch before her breathing sped up. I lifted her chin up to realize that she wasn't even awake. I pulled her out of the closet carefully and picked her up.

"Shhh.. Its okay." I said softly, carrying her to the couch. I laid down and she snuggled into me, still crying uncontrollably. "Hey.. babygirl wake up. It's Lauren." I cooed. She held onto me tightly before waking up. She buried her face in my shirt, crying into me.

"Hey.. shhh, baby.." I cooed worriedly. "It's okay.. shhh." I held her close, rubbing her back to calm her. "What's happened sweetie?" I asked her softly. She shook her head. I let out a small sigh and kissed Camila's forehead.

We stayed like that for a good while and Camila had calmed back down. "Are you okay baby?" I asked her softly, gently tracing circles on her side with my fingertips. She buried her face in my neck and sniffled before looking up and nodding with a small smile. I kissed her forehead gently.

"I love you." I told her, she smiled, for real this time, "I love you too." "How about we go out and do something baby, us and the girls?" Camila nodded happily before standing up and pulling me with her. She led me to the kitchen.

"You want coffee love?" I asked her, wondering why she'd brought me into the kitchen. Camila giggled and shook her head before climbing onto the counter. "Be careful baby!" I told her, running up behind her and holding onto her in case she were to slip. "What are you doing silly?" I giggled.

Camila grabbed the box of lucky charms and jumped into my arms. "I'm hungry, do you want some too babe?" I was taken a back because Camila NEVER even asked for food, much less got some on her own will. I smiled at her and gave her a million little kisses before setting her down so she could make her cereal.

"Sure beautiful, I'll make it though. Thank you." She blushed, "Thank you." "Awh, you're welcome baby girl." I said, kissing her cheek as she poured herself some cereal. I got myself a bowl and poured myself some as well. She poured milk in hers while I didn't because I actually prefer cereal without milk.

I held onto Camila's hand and led her outside. We sat on the bench in the backyard. It was early and the other girls hand't gotten up yet. Before I knew it, Camila and I had both eaten our cereal and were watching the sunrise.

Camila laid her head on my shoulder and poked my cheek. "Baaaabeee." I giggled, "Yes baby?" "What do you wanna do todaaay?" I thought for a moment, "How about you can pick what we do today?" She turned to me happily and smiled, "Really?!" I nodded and gave her a kiss. "Of course. Now what do you wanna do?"

"Ummm.. Ooh! Can we go to the zoo?" "I think that's a great idea baby! We'll see who all wants to come when they get up and if they have something to do or don't want to get up, then it can just be you and I." Camila koala beared me. "Yay!!!" I embraced her and gave her a kiss on the neck, which she returned with kissing me on the forehead, making me giggle.

"Let's go and get the girls up and get ready. If they don't feel like getting up, then they can stay. Okay baby? I don't want to force them to get up." She nodded and stood up. I picked up both bowls and carried them to the kitchen. Camila was behind me and when I turned around, I had no clue where she went.

I knew exactly where she went when I heard, "CAMILA IT'S TOO EARLYYYYYY!" From Dinah. I giggled and ran upstairs into Dinah's room. "Dinah pweaseeeee?" Camila begged, Pulling gently on Dinah's tshirt. "Baby, don't beg her, you know how Dinah likes her sleep." I said softly while rubbing her back.