Chapter 31: Forgotten Magic

A/N: Yeah I know this is like three months later. But I've been dealing with some personal issues and my grades needed an upgrade lmao. But for the most part, I still worked on this chapter whenever I could. I hope you enjoy it!

(Music for this chapter is "felis" by Mitsuda Yasunori from the Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus OST.)

************

Chapter 31: Forgotten Magic

"So....what are you going to do over the summer?" asked Hermione.

"Dunno," I said, shrugging. "Probably gonna end up hiding from Nan as she tries to grill me about what happened this year."

"Are you seriously going to let Daphne take the heat for that? She saw what happened, and you know Nan made you teach her how to subscribe to The Daily Prophet when Sirius escaped Azkaban last year."

I paused. Hermione was right. There was no way I was going to be able to hide Cedric's death - let alone anything else that happened this year - without her reading that damn newspaper.

"Damn Rita Skeeter to hell," I muttered under my breath. "I hate it when you make me think of my conscience, Hermione."

She giggled and patted my crossed knee. "As your brother's best friend, Subha, that's pretty much my job."

"Oh, har, har."

The Hogwarts Express had left the station a few minutes ago and was moving steadily alongside the countryside. Hermione was sitting across from me glancing expectantly. Before the train had started to move, she had sent Ginny, Zack and Cody out into another compartment to their everlasting annoyance. We had all asked her why she wasn't sitting with Harry and Ron and my secret guess was that she wanted to talk about the future of the portal to Fairy Tail before going back to the two.

But something told me that it was more than just about that damn portal. For some reason, ever since the day in the hospital wing, she's had this look on her face where it looked like she could have won the ultimate wizarding lottery. Hell, she looked like she had won the Triwizard Tournament herself with the gleeful expression she was giving me.

Finally, I just threw up my hands up in the air. "Okay, Granger. What gives? You're way too happy for my liking right now."

Hermione snickered in response. "Let's just say that your private life, as well as Harry's and everyone else's, are actually going to stay private for a while."

My eyes widened. What the hell was she going on about? But instead of asking Hermione just that, my mind went blank. I simply grabbed some of my hair and started rocking back and forth in my seat with my to suppress a ear-piercing scream.

"WHAT?!" I squealed. "HOW?!"

"Bugging," Hermione chirped.

My excitement deflated a slight bit. "Okay. Best friend's sister is confused. Please elaborate for her slow brain."

Hermione rolled her eyes and smiled. "Harry once mentioned something about electronic bugs being around the school."

I tilted my head, furrowing my eyebrows. "Electronic bugs... .? But I thought they short-circuit or something when-"