Chapter 22: The Second Task is Underway! (Literally)

Everyone woke up late the next morning. Everyone finally realized that with half of break over, we have to finish the immense amount of homework we got before it started. Meanwhile, Hermione and I slept in for as long as possible before Ginny used the bullhorn that I had with me on us. But the both of us were so exhausted, we didn't even make a move in surprise.

"Five more minutes," said Hermione as she pulled her blanket over her head.

"I know, I know," I groaned sleepily and pulled a pillow onto my head. "But what Granger said. Two more...two..." I started to snored off.

Well, what did she expect? Long story short, the minute we arrived at the guild, Natsu and Co. dragged us both out on a job. I know that they wanted to cheer the both of us up and yes, it did work in numerous ways, but it was close to midnight! I liked Mira and Lisanna's idea of helping Meena babysit Nashi but no can do. We both barely got back to the common room before anyone else did, having about a hundred billion heart attacks per minute while laughing madly in the process.

"Wake up, sleepy heads!" Ginny clapped her hands. "Subha, you know we promised to help Buttercup with their homework!"

"I thought it was Blossom," I whined as I fell on my back, waving my arms like a five year old would do. "Why can't I get some sleep?"

Ginny pressed the button on the bullhorn again, this time, making the both of us jump. "You idiots. It's quarter to ten and you guys still want to sleep. There's staying in bed and then there's avoiding life." She put her hands on her hips. "Other than Zack and Ron being idiots, what exactly happened to you guys?"

"It's exactly that," Hermione and I said in unison.

"But we're exhausted for our own reasons," I added. "I swear, my arms hurt so much from the amount of water and ice I had to use to freeze that bloody spirit."

Ginny eyebrows went up. "A spirit? Okay, let me rephrase: What were you two doing last night?"

My eyes flew open. All previous exhaustion and sleepiness disappeared and was replaced with a fierce panic. Crap. Crap, crap, crap. It seemed like Hermione felt way because she was just as horror-struck as I was. I honestly needed to smack myself.

"Well-"

"What I mean by that was-"

Thankfully, heaven came in the form of Parvati Patil. For a solid minute and a half.

"Ginny!" she cried out. "Are those two-" Then glancing over to me, she said, "Oh good, the both of you are awake." Parvati's expression turned serious. "You guys need to see this. Now."

Hermione and I got out of bed, confused. The look on Parvati's face was one of confusion and horror. As she raced out of the room, the three of us exchanged glances.

"What was that about?" I asked them.

Ginny shrugged. "Let's go check it out."

We ran down the steps and saw a huge crowd gathered at the notice board. There was a lot of whispering and as we waded through the crowd, a hand appeared on my shoulder.

"Bubbles!" I turned to face the pigtailed blonde. Her hair had definitely grown out over the years. It was almost the same length as Blossom's at this point. "What's going on here?"

"It's not good, Subha," Bubbles said grimly. "Looks like either you or Zack angered...." She lowered her voice to a hoarse whisper. "...her."

"Oh, this isn't good," said Ginny.

"Wait, what do you mean by Zack?" I asked her. "I think he would have shown me if she was targeting - hang on, how did you-"