Chapter Nineteen

NEW YORK (2/3)

I woke up to a rainy New York morning. But what actually woke me up was loud banging on the door. 

''What the fuck?'' Jared turned around and groaned. 

''There's someone at the door'' I said and stood up to open in. 

As soon as I did Cara and Karen both ran in pushing me back on my bed. 

''Get in looser we're going shopping'' Cara mocked. 

''Very funny, what are you doing here?'' I asked then looked back at the fully awaken Jared. 

''Oh were you guys having sex or something?'' Karen winked which  made me turn red. 

''No, but  we WERE   sleeping'' I rolled my eyes.

''Seriously get ready you need a nice dress for tonight and tomorrow'' Cara said scrolling through her phone. 

I walked over to the bathroom and washed my face, Cara and Karen were in the bedroom almost interrogating Jared.

I had a bit of concealer and some mascara on, I walked past them and tried to eavesdrop they talked about our  'fresh' relationship. 

I put on some ripped jeans, a grey t-shirt and an adidas jacket since it was colder. I had my adidas rockstars on because I was feeling like a basic bitch. If someone saw me on the street you would not think I was a movie star that just did the famous Suicide squad movie, I looked like a basic woman trying to look half decent. 

''What are we even doing today?'' I asked while packing my bag. 

''Ok so we have a couple of interviews today and tomorrow we are watching the Suicide squad with some fans'' Karen smiled.

''Yeah David sold about 10 tickets for some hardcore fans so that they could watch the movie with us'' Cara said. 

''Holy shit how much did they cost?'' Jared finally spoke. 

''I think he charged about 1k'' Karen said pushing herself of the bed. 

I was finally ready and it was time to hit the streets for some shopping. I found a simple but revealing black dress for tonight. 

For the rest of the day, we had a scheduled  tour of the city in our mini bus. 

My make up artist decided to give me a bit of edge for tonight since otherwise my makeup was pretty boring. 

I was being interviewed first, to my surprise the girl interviewing me  was my high school classmate. 

''Hi'' she said to me as we both sat down. ''I'm Alisha Barens'' she smiled and extended her hand for me to shake. 

''I remember, you were my high school classmate, we were sitting together in biology and science'' I chuckled. 

''Omg I didn't believe you would remember'' she then said. 

I hoped this meant she was going easy on me with the questions. 

She was asking me a little about the film, life on set, nothing bad so far. But then she started with Jared. 

''Was there any sexual tension, at least on your part since you said you had a crush on his first?'' she asked. 

I froze. 

I cleared my throat and proceeded to answer. 

''I was playing someone that, in my opinion had to have sexual tension with Jared, since he was the Joker. So my answer is yes, people say our relationship on the screen was amazing, so I'm pleased'' I smiled at her, hoping that would be enough on that topic. 

''You're telling me you haven't seen the film?'' she gasped. 

''Nope, but I guess I will tomorrow with some lucky fans''

''So my last question is... Compared to your relationship with Jared on screen, is yours off screen similar?'' 

''No, not at all. You have to understand that, yes you have to have chemistry while playing a character, but at the end of the day it's all acting, it a job. What makes me happy is going home together after that and having normal conversations, saying 'I love you's without it being on the scrips.'' 

Jared smiled at me from behind the camera and gave me a thumbs up.  I was pleased with my answers. 

Jared was asked similar questions, but he was a lot more chilled when answering them.

When we got back to the hotel I jumped straight in the shower. And when I was in it I usually sang, so I didn't hear when the door opened. 

Suddenly a pair of hands were on my waist. 

I jumped up and turned around, Jared smiled and kissed my collar bone. 

''I can't wait to see you in that dress'' he started biting a bit. 

I smiled in the crook of his neck as he pushed me against the wall.