First Day

*Narrator's POV

*Killian

Killian Jones, 16, was born and raised in the small town of Drogheda, Ireland. It was one of the oldest towns in Ireland. It was located on the east coast of Ireland about 35 miles from Dublin. Killian had lived in the quaint town for his entire life, he had never been anywhere else. But he was about to embark on a trip to America.

He was about to start his sophomore year at a new school, in a new country, as a foreign exchange student. And he was absolutely terrified, but at the same time very excited and anxious to go off and explore the unknown.

Both his parents, Brennan and Ava, were extremely worried and concerned about sending off their youngest son all by himself to another country. Killian was their baby, born 3 years after his older brother, Liam. Liam had graduated high school last year and was now attending college at the University of Dublin.

Killian and Liam were polar opposites. In high school, Liam was a star athlete, the most popular guy in school. All the boys wanted to be him, and all the girls wanted to date him. Killian, on the other hand, preferred to keep to himself, and was more focused on his academics. Killian was very bright, a straight A student. But unlike his big brother, he was not athletic whatsoever.

Killian was your average, stereotypical dork. His gorgeous ocean blue eyes were hidden behind thick black rimmed glasses, he was a 6 foot tall pencil, and in his free time he loved reading comic books and playing Pokemon Go. As Killian continued packing his suitcase, he wondered what would lie ahead for him. Little did he know how much his life was about to change. Or who would change it.

*Emma

Emma Swan, 16, had been an orphan her whole life. The only thing she knew about her parents was that they abandoned her on the side of a highway when she was only a few days old. She had been living in Storybrooke for the past 3 years with her foster mother, Ingrid. This was the longest she had ever been in one place.

She had been all over the country, from Portland and Tallahassee, to Phoenix and Boston. You name it, she had seen it. Before Storybrooke she was living in a girl's group home in New York City, but after two weeks there she was sent right back into the system because there wasn't enough room. Luckily, her social worker found Ingrid, and Emma had been with her ever since.

Emma was one of the most popular girls in school. Along with her best friends Regina, Mary Margaret, and Ruby. All 3 were on the cheerleading squad, the student council, and helped out at the local animal shelter.

Both Regina and Mary Margaret were taken. Regina's boyfriend, Robin, and her had been together since 7th grade. While Mary Margaret and her boyfriend, David, had only been dating about 8 months. Ruby had never had an actual boyfriend, but many boy toys. Ruby was definitely the most promiscuous of the bunch, that was putting it lightly.

Emma was also single, she had never been able to open herself up to anyone but her friends. Every guy in school wanted Emma, but she certainly didn't reciprocate. Emma wanted a guy that was mature, that could always make her laugh and smile, was down to earth, and didn't just see her as a piece of ass. She wanted a guy she could trust, someone that would be her best friend, who she could tell all her secrets to and confide in about anything. Little did she know that's exactly what she was about find.

*Killian's POV

"Mum, please stop crying," I pleaded with my mother at the airport. She was bawling her eyes out while my father and Liam were helping me unload my bags from the trunk.

"I'm sorry, I just can't help it. My little baby is leaving me for a whole year. You're going to be on the other side of the world."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself. And I promise I'll call everyday."