Chapter 11 - Nursing to Health

*Mikey's POV*

We had to move from Berlin and be stationed in London.

Its been almost 2 months somehow, and nothing from Gerard, Frank, or Bob.

I was praying they aren't dead.

Right now, some of our troops were being sent to London, since they were going to help escort some children be evacuated from England because of the war.

Right as they were about to leave, we hear a car horn.

"OUT OF THE WAY!!!" a familiar voice shouted.

The troops parted and we see it was a Nazi car. But... nobody raised their arms. They only cheered and followed behind, shouting stuff like "They're alive!" or "What is she doing here?!"

I then saw closer and realized who was in the car, wearing German disguises.

"It's them!! They're alive!!!!" Ray shouted as the car stopped near our tent and out climbed Gerard first, and I immidietly threw my arms around him.

"Thank Jesus Christ you're alright," i said as my brother hugged me back. Man, he was thin, and looked tired.

Same with Bob, Frank, and... a little girl??

Wait, who is that driving??

The driver climbed down and me and Ray had out mouths dropping to the ground.

"Lacey?!" we said.

How the hell is she here?! She shouldn't even be at the warfront!!

"Hey guys," she said as we hugged each other and she hugged Ray.

We all got them settled, even got to meet Luka and tend to her eye. Bob, Frank, Luka, and Gerard got cleaned up, fed, and changed from the stripped rags they were wearing into clean clothes and in bed to be tended, since I think they all had a fever.

Lacey had changed into a nurse's uniform as she tended to Luka's eye. She'll be attending to the First Aid tent soon.

"So, let me get this straight: You overheard an attack and came here??" Ray asked.

She nodded. "I had to. They were going to wipe out everyone," i said.

"It was dangerous for you to come here. An American ally, about to bear a child in a few months, here as an undercover spy among Nazi Germany. You were a deer wearing blood sausage links around your neck next to a lion, Lacey!" Ray said, obviously upset his pregnant cousin is in Europe during a war.

"If putting myself in danger means savign the ones i love, then so be it," she said proudly.

Ray just sighed defeatedly and hugged Lacey. "I'm just glad your okay."

She hugged him back. "You too," she said, then turned to aid Frank, who was in bed eating some clam chowder.

"Thank you, Lacey. Where would we be without you??" Frank said.

*Lacey's POV*

"I don't even want to imagine it," i said, then faced a private. "Send a telegram, tell them i saw things that will shock the world," i said, shuddering at the memories of Auschwitz.

"Later meet with me, madame," he said.

"Thank you. Dismissed," i said.

He saluted me and then we were bought up by another car horn.

"Weapons, men," Gerard said getting up, but i stopped him, Bob, and Frank from moving.

We still walked forward and saw a Nazi soldier being arrested, but i recognized him.